Live 10 public beta

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Richard Sweat

Re: Live 10 public beta

Post by Richard Sweat » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:08 am

From this weeks episode of Naked and Afraid: Ableton Live Survivor Edition Special Unit Division

It has been eight days since signing up for 10 Beta. All the light is fading and my hopes are dwindling that any help(serial) is coming. I have extinguished all resources and am hungry, cold and tired. So tired. Please use this journal as a way to study how these long days have affected me in order to better assist others. A lot is to be learned from my trials. Peace be the journey.

Rs

digitalselfmusic

Post by digitalselfmusic » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:00 am

Richard Sweat wrote:From this weeks episode of Naked and Afraid: Ableton Live Survivor Edition Special Unit Division

It has been eight days since signing up for 10 Beta. All the light is fading and my hopes are dwindling that any help(serial) is coming. I have extinguished all resources and am hungry, cold and tired. So tired. Please use this journal as a way to study how these long days have affected me in order to better assist others. A lot is to be learned from my trials. Peace be the journey.

Rs
So... did you ever get in?

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:38 am

I think the program got filled up pretty quick due to a bug in the Centercode platform adding more than the intended number of allowed participants.

It's likely more users may be added at a further date, but things are pretty busy at the moment with the influx of people all at once.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:49 am

I got my invitation very promptly after sending a super charming email, explaining that I was on holiday for a week and my time would ideally be spent playing around with the Beta (which was true). It could just be coincidence.

I've just noticed that double-clicking a parameter in Live now resets it to default. This is amazing! I loathed having to press DELETE when not using Push and being used to say, u-he synths' double-clicking.

Overall I like the upgrade (the above mentioned not being the highlight!), and £183 for another 4 or 5 years with a powerful modular station is pretty cheap.

beatswilsonian

Post by beatswilsonian » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:54 pm

I got the beta bc a friend of mine only had intro when he signed up and didn't realize he couldn't use the serial. If they'd actually let me into the beta, I could report the bugs I've found :roll:

Kypresso

Post by Kypresso » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:55 pm

Anybody know what the current waiting time is to get a beta invite?

I applied for the live 10 beta getting on for 2 weeks ago and i haven't heard anything yet.

And yes i have just logged into centercode to check, nothing there though.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:11 am

There is no "current waiting time". More people will be added when the developers feel they're ready for more people to be involved. As mentioned elsewhere, there was a bit of a glitch with the Centercode site and a LOT more people got added to the beta initially than were supposed to be. It's taking more time than usual to process all the bug reports and suggestions, so there will be a bit of a wait.

Everyone will get access eventually, there's no firm timeline though so you just need to be patient.

Kypresso

Post by Kypresso » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:43 pm

Tarekith wrote: Everyone will get access eventually, there's no firm timeline though so you just need to be patient.
I waited 2 weeks before asking my question, i thought i was being being patient.

Did i rant and rave, start swearing or insult the devs.

How much more patient am i expected to be?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:55 pm

Kypresso wrote:
Tarekith wrote: Everyone will get access eventually, there's no firm timeline though so you just need to be patient.
I waited 2 weeks before asking my question, i thought i was being being patient.

Did i rant and rave, start swearing or insult the devs.

How much more patient am i expected to be?
More I guess. Sorry.
Btw, "the devs" don't owe you anything, and they're nice persons who are working hard for you to enjoy your toy as much as possible. Most of them also use the software for their own music, plus they know how today's people act stupidly when they're angry because something's not working correctly, or as they think it should. So please, no need to insult anyone.
Thx
Ableton Forum Moderator

Richard Sweat

Post by Richard Sweat » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:23 am

From this weeks episode of Naked and Afraid: Ableton Live Survivor Edition Special Unit Division

It is something like 29 days since my last post. I think I died but was reborn this morning at 6:15am where the colors started to come back into form. There it was shining like a lighthouse over the night ocean sky. Through the fog Live10 Beta arrived in my inbox. In all it's glory I am now at peace. Thank you to all who have followed me on this journey. For anyone out there still doubting that the Ableton gods will bless you, have hope. I am living proof that things do happen sometimes when you least expect it.

Until we meet again,

Rs

cmprvndncr

Post by cmprvndncr » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:16 pm

I just got accepted for the beta.

Just bragging...

Lovelights

Post by Lovelights » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:19 pm

Its a upgrade not an update ! Think about that for a moment.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:02 pm

Beta arrived for me too, first impressions are good, lots of great new instruments, sounds and effects. Like the little tweaks to the gui too. Havent had much time to use it yet, but so far so good.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:45 pm

One thing I think is a publicity nightmare Ableton are still doing is the closed beta with the discount price for people who might not be on that beta. If their particular systems run into issues with Live 10 then they're going to feel hoodwinked to a degree. I wish there was a way to get people to sign an agreement that this is a 1.0 release and they're aware that the discount is partially because of that. I get some crashes in the beta, more than in 9 for sure, I'm upgrading because I'm aware of those issues, and it's not a deal breaker for me.

Similar situation with my other DAW Digital Performer 9, in that v10 is very much due and MOTU have a history of announcing the latest version of DP at Winter NAMM. Plenty of people will feel hoodwinked by the recent 50% off cross grade offer, since it ended in December a month earlier. Makes me understand why U-He don't like doing sales. :x

ark

Post by ark » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Machinesworking wrote:One thing I think is a publicity nightmare Ableton are still doing is the closed beta with the discount price for people who might not be on that beta. If their particular systems run into issues with Live 10 then they're going to feel hoodwinked to a degree. I wish there was a way to get people to sign an agreement that this is a 1.0 release and they're aware that the discount is partially because of that.
Huh? People who have ordered the upgrade don't have to pay for it until it's released. I imagine they can cancel their order before then if they decide to change their minds.