Live 10 public beta

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cmprvndncr

Re: Live 10 public beta

Post by cmprvndncr » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:28 pm

Im getting a weird glitch where a warped clip seems to play double speed sometimes.

Where do I report dis?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:35 pm

On the centercode site:

https://ableton.centercode.com

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:01 am

ark wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:One thing I think is a publicity nightmare Ableton are still doing is the closed beta with the discount price for people who might not be on that beta. If their particular systems run into issues with Live 10 then they're going to feel hoodwinked to a degree. I wish there was a way to get people to sign an agreement that this is a 1.0 release and they're aware that the discount is partially because of that.
Huh? People who have ordered the upgrade don't have to pay for it until it's released. I imagine they can cancel their order before then if they decide to change their minds.
The point is Ableton is asking people who have not had a chance to test it to upgrade at a reduced upgrade price. From what I know you do not get on the beta team for buying the upgrade, maybe that's where you're being confused?

It's risky in that people will blather madly about it if for some reason their system has issues with the upgrade. Hopefully not, as upgrades are geared towards loyal customers, but I think it's less wise to cancel the reduced upgrade price upon release, which is what is stated as of now, than to extend the reduced upgrade price to a few weeks after Live 10.0 is released.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:15 am

I get your point. Software company has been doing business based on try before buy philosophy. And the discount is for compensating the lack of TBB and closed beta is playing a role as a precautions for the users who are likely to get some compatible issue.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:12 am

Machinesworking wrote: I think it's less wise to cancel the reduced upgrade price upon release, which is what is stated as of now, than to extend the reduced upgrade price to a few weeks after Live 10.0 is released.
Absolutely agreed.

Everybody loves a terrible analogy on a music forum, so you could compare it to sitting at a restaurant, asking for a particular wine, but being offered a different, but similar, wine at a reduced price - but without the usual tasting beforehand.

cmprvndncr

Post by cmprvndncr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:43 am

Hey dudes,

Is this where I should discuss issues with Live 10 beta?

I know I should report them to the centercode guys, but also it's just good to be able to discuss...

Is there a forum over there?

I'm new to beta testing.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:08 pm

The Live 10 beta is now available to everyone, so if you want to try it to don’t need to wait to be let in anymore.

Yes, there’s a forum on the centercode site for discussing Live 10 issues, suggestions, and bugs.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Tarekith wrote:The Live 10 beta is now available to everyone, so if you want to try it to don’t need to wait to be let in anymore.

Yes, there’s a forum on the centercode site for discussing Live 10 issues, suggestions, and bugs.
Very cool! I thought Ableton were smarter than the initial press releases made them out to be! :D

mikb

Post by mikb » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:24 am

Tarekith wrote:The Live 10 beta is now available to everyone, so if you want to try it to don’t need to wait to be let in anymore.

Do you mean everyone with a valid Live 9 Suite license or do you mean everyone, including potential buyers of Live?
Basic gear info: Macbook Pro with macOS 10.12, Ableton Live Suite version 9 (64bit) with Ozone, Push and APC20 as controllers.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 am

mikb wrote:

Do you mean everyone with a valid Live 9 Suite license or do you mean everyone, including potential buyers of Live?
Everyone with a L9 standard/suite license.
Ableton Forum Moderator

BAMBEROO

Post by BAMBEROO » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:20 pm

Ableton sent me the link this morning but the code sent (no answer) does not work- anxious to try it, please send a working code!!!!

cmprvndncr

Post by cmprvndncr » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:31 pm

BAMBEROO wrote:Ableton sent me the link this morning but the code sent (no answer) does not work- anxious to try it, please send a working code!!!!
I had the same shizz.

The instructions don't work.

You need do the offline activation. Dig around on your account page to the manual activation section. Can't give you the exact detail cause I'm not infront of my puter right now. But if I found it, you can find it. I believe in you. I remember it being confusing, but I figured it out withouy help, so use data head start.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Tarekith wrote:The Live 10 beta is now available to everyone
Sheesh. I felt so privileged there, for, like, three days or so... :P

cmprvndncr

Post by cmprvndncr » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:10 pm

cmprvndncr wrote:
BAMBEROO wrote:Ableton sent me the link this morning but the code sent (no answer) does not work- anxious to try it, please send a working code!!!!
I had the same shizz.

The instructions don't work.

You need do the offline activation. Dig around on your account page to the manual activation section. Can't give you the exact detail cause I'm not infront of my puter right now. But if I found it, you can find it. I believe in you. I remember it being confusing, but I figured it out withouy help, so use data head start.
Further to this, I think you click on the little box next to "licenses" up top, and then on "register a product"... The rest is easy.

mikb

Post by mikb » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:21 pm

This is your opportunity to Submit A Bug Report and your first one at that. Just keep to the format

"1. Step by step, what did you do to observe this bug? What did you expect to happen in the first place?
- Steps to reproduce
- Expected behaviour
- Observed behaviour"

and complete all the other steps as instructed and you'll do fine and make your first contribution (of many hopefully) to the Ableton development team as well as the Ableton community, i e all of us users.

We can be heroes…
Basic gear info: Macbook Pro with macOS 10.12, Ableton Live Suite version 9 (64bit) with Ozone, Push and APC20 as controllers.