installing a user template for APC40 mk2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Chris Paget

installing a user template for APC40 mk2

Post by Chris Paget » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:20 pm

Hello all,

So I recently bought Will Marshall's sought-after DJ template for the Akai APC40 mk2. I'm having quite a difficult time getting it to work. So far I have some of the knobs over the top controlling effects, but that's not reflected on the screen. More than that, nothing has changed about the appearance of the controller itself, with changes such as columns of buttons operating as a volume meter supposed to be happening.

I have dropped the python files from the installation .zip into the appfiles folder within Ableton, under user midi scripts. And selected "Advance" under midi in Ableton preferences (but this is always called something else in installation videos, so I'm not even sure that's right).

It's frustrating as Will's site walks through how to do this for Mac but simply directs you to a link about installing remote control surface scripts for Windows users! This is that link: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... te-Script-

Can anyone walk me through installation of this for Windows? Has anyone had luck with this?

Much obliged!!

Runenlyd

Re: installing a user template for APC40 mk2

Post by Runenlyd » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:35 am

Hi Chris !

I just bought the template and it doesn't show properly in the control surface list in Live despite the Python scripts are in the right place. Did you find out how to make it work ?

Thanks in advance
Seb

S4racen

Re: installing a user template for APC40 mk2

Post by S4racen » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:44 am

Unless it's been updated for Live 10 it's likely that it won't show up, you should contact Will directly...

Cheers
D