Routing audio without increasing the volume

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
danny klim

Routing audio without increasing the volume

Post by danny klim » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:26 pm

HI,

I’m trying to route audio through some tracks with loopers and am finding that its increasing the volume alot because the tracks are all playing on top of each other (pic below), Could you please help me figure out how to route this correctly and correct the volume?

When i just route a track’s audio to the master, the volume is normal. I just tried grouping all my instruments together and routing it through three tracks with looper devices on them before going to the master and its extremely loud when i play a note. It seems to be playing the note once for every track it goes through and layering upon itself. I want to keep the volume normal, but when i try to mute, turn the monitor off, or unarm any of the looper tracks then the whole thing gets muted.

How can i make the volume normal?

Also, does the way that i routed the loopers make sense? I’m trying to do multi-track looping where i can send audio from any instrument to the looper and use different loopers to allow me to independently control each loop. I saw a video a while ago about using 3 looper tracks and it seemed like a good idea. I couldnt find the video so i tried making it from memory, did i route it all correctly for what i’m trying to do or is a better way to do it?

Thanks, Dan

Pic:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uellz8faaig9b ... 4.png?dl=0

Stromkraft

Re: Routing audio without increasing the volume

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:56 pm

danny klim wrote: I want to keep the volume normal, but when i try to mute, turn the monitor off, or unarm any of the looper tracks then the whole thing gets muted.

How can i make the volume normal?
I don't use Looper, so can't advice you on that. However, "Looper 1" does not have to be set to "Audio From" as the audio is already sent from Group Instrument". This increases volume in itself.
Make some music!