Launch scenes query

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
PhilipSouth

Launch scenes query

Post by PhilipSouth » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:24 am

Hi

I am new to Ableton - running 9.The issue I am having relates to using the launch function and moving through the scenes. The first scene has three clips in it but the second scene has five clips. When I want it to go to the next scene the new ones don't start. Is this because the clips for the first scene are blank and it does register that there is anything coming up? I notice I can't create any Launch functions for a blank clip - If there's a way to create launch functions in the master that would be good.

Cheers

yur2die4

Re: Launch scenes query

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:27 am

Are you referring to Follow actions?

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:27 am

PhilipSouth wrote:Hi

I am new to Ableton - running 9.The issue I am having relates to using the launch function and moving through the scenes. The first scene has three clips in it but the second scene has five clips. When I want it to go to the next scene the new ones don't start. Is this because the clips for the first scene are blank and it does register that there is anything coming up? I notice I can't create any Launch functions for a blank clip - If there's a way to create launch functions in the master that would be good.
Basically, I think what you want is to play a scene x number of times and then start the next and play that x times. Correct?

Unfortunately, I'm not currently aware of a way to do this easily.

You'll find some answers here in this help answer: "Follow action" for the SCENES.
Make some music!

T.I.M.

Post by T.I.M. » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:49 am

Just copy the clips from scene 2 and paste them to scene 1. Turn the gain all the way down in the clips you just pasted. Set up your follow actions in the clips you just pasted to scene 1. Think of them sort of as dummy clips.