Where i could find good kicks libraries?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JavPro

Where i could find good kicks libraries?

Post by JavPro » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:28 pm

Hi all, i´d like to download or buy if its necessary hundreds of kicks samples. No matter if they are free or i have to pay for them. Anyone could recommend me where to find library kicks to make dance songs?
I know that later on i´ll have to edit them, changing parameters, using filters, etc, until i find what i´m looking for, but what i need is something to start with, good sounds...

Thank you

Stromkraft

Re: Where i could find good kicks libraries?

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:45 pm

JavPro wrote:Hi all, i´d like to download or buy if its necessary hundreds of kicks samples. No matter if they are free or i have to pay for them. Anyone could recommend me where to find library kicks to make dance songs?
I know that later on i´ll have to edit them, changing parameters, using filters, etc, until i find what i´m looking for, but what i need is something to start with, good sounds...
I'm not using kick samples that often, but which ones to use is a matter of taste to a great degree, especially if the genre is quite broad. I like not over processed samples that I can build on. I think Samples from Mars have some really nice samples, but they're focused on certain machines and maybe not just kicks specifically, even if they obviously have plenty of kick samples.

Of the Live packs, Goldbaby have made some great ones too. I don't really like many others of the Live packs for what I do, though I use a few others occasionally.

I have tens of thousands of drum samples (bought or free from the originator), but I mainly use synths for my drums, certainly kicks. I also sample machines myself, for example Elektron Rytm.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

Amythofficial

Post by Amythofficial » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Check out vengeance-sound.com
. Splice
Loopmasters
. Vandalism
. blackoctopus-sound.com
. Cymatics.com
. Evolution of sound

You can also buy a plugins specially for dance kicks called
Kick 2
Metrum by vengeance-sound
Bazzism 2

These are the few I could think of as of now.

JavPro

Post by JavPro » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:05 am

Thank you very much for your responses. I´ll take into account your recommendations. To tell the truth, i would need some synthesis knowlegde to create them on my own, but i know that is a matter of time.

Anyway, thank you!!

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:09 am

I’d also recommend Kick 2. As another poster mentioned, it’s a dedicated kick synth - it’s very easy to use. Or Splice.com :)

JavPro

Post by JavPro » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:52 pm

JavPro

Post by JavPro » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Shift Gorden wrote:I’d also recommend Kick 2. As another poster mentioned, it’s a dedicated kick synth - it’s very easy to use. Or Splice.com :)
Thanks Shift Gorden!

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:28 pm

you may or may not want to buy into Deadmau5 and his million dollar studio but the Xfer samples are really good and useful.