Is there a way to turn Interpol off in Simpler?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
UCAudio

Is there a way to turn Interpol off in Simpler?

Post by UCAudio » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:07 am

Any straightforward way to do this? I like having it set to none in sampler when flipping drum sounds because it gives it a more gritty sound when pitch shifting for hip hop stuff. Wondering if I can do this in Simpler since the slice function is really great there.

chapelier fou

Re: Is there a way to turn Interpol off in Simpler?

Post by chapelier fou » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:24 pm

What kind of interpolation are you talking about ?
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

UCAudio

Post by UCAudio » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:36 pm

In sampler, on the sample tab section... lower right hand side there's a box that says Interpol. If you set it to none and change the pitch of your drum samples, it sounds grittier like a vintage hardware sampler. In normal, good, or best mode it sounds more veiled and worse to me for boom bap drums and some other stuff. I believe Simpler is always locked in "normal" interpol mode, but was hoping there was a way to set it to none so I can get the same sound in Simpler. I use Simpler's slice feature all of the time, but hoping I can get the same sound I get from Sampler.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:44 pm

You have to use the Simpler to Sampler conversion option, set your parameter(s) and then convert back to Simpler.
Drawback is that you'll lose the waveform display in Simpler. But, you could save this as you default Simpler, or as a preset if you don't want to always use it with interpolation turned off. When loading this saved instance it should use no interpolation, and also display your waveforms.
Ableton Forum Moderator

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:50 pm

UCAudio wrote:In sampler, on the sample tab section... lower right hand side there's a box that says Interpol. If you set it to none and change the pitch of your drum samples, it sounds grittier like a vintage hardware sampler. In normal, good, or best mode it sounds more veiled and worse to me for boom bap drums and some other stuff. I believe Simpler is always locked in "normal" interpol mode, but was hoping there was a way to set it to none so I can get the same sound in Simpler. I use Simpler's slice feature all of the time, but hoping I can get the same sound I get from Sampler.
Cool, nice to know !
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1