Good synth plugins other than Serum and Massive?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Amythofficial

Re: Good synth plugins other than Serum and Massive?

Post by Amythofficial » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:22 am

crystalmsc wrote:
Christian_R wrote:but I would like to try out some more sounds. Preferably in the same style more or less, but still different.
Checkout Synthmaster, it has a very flexible engine with many different types of synthesis suitable for EDM. Also with a different character compared to Serum. Version 2.9 also came with a Wavetable Osc and their updates are top notch. It's $99 or if you are interested only with the Wavetable part, the Synthmaster One is only $39 through November. As a fan of Wavetable synths, it's one of my favorite.
Thank you for suggesting The Synthmaster. Saw your post and bought and I must say this synth just too good.one of the best synths I have used. In just a few days it’s become my main GO TO synth.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:10 am

Amythofficial wrote:Thank you for suggesting The Synthmaster. Saw your post and bought and I must say this synth just too good.one of the best synths I have used. In just a few days it’s become my main GO TO synth.
Great to hear that, happy playing!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:19 am

I'm cosigning on a couple choices people have mentioned, and some reasons why they're good choices:

Repro-1 - from U-He is an emulation of a Pro 1 analog mono synth with absolutely stunning FX and and a great built in step sequencer. It's now bundled with Repro-5 an emulation of a Prophet 5 polyphonic synth. Currently it's on an intro price sale f $99, and can be had for around $84 at JRR Shop. <the before discount price of $99 qualifies you for a free copy of Best Service Galaxy X which is a sample morphing collection. Right now JRR is giving away copies of Air Xpand2 which is a good Rompler for things like sita, organ etc. sounds. So four virtual instruments for $83. No brainer IMO, and the Repro-1 is an obvious choice for analog emulation EDM sounds with it's step sequencer.

U-he also do Hive which is geared towards dance music and electro sounds. A friend of mine just wrote an absolutely stunning electro ballad using only instances of Hive and Live's Drum rack.

Hybrid 3 is $1 at plug in boutique, so are a half dozens preset packages for it. Hybrid is definitely a dance music geared synth. Lots of patches sound like hit songs etc. https://www.pluginboutique.com

upgrading to Live Suite 10 is going to give you a great wavetable synth so that's also a great choice here.

Christian_R

Post by Christian_R » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:38 pm

I have now used SynthMaster One for a little while. And although I like it, I also think many of the synths sound a little outdated, and many of the synths are also too simular.

But I've been listening so some samples from Spire, and that sound a little more fresh to me. And I see that they sell SPIRE + SOUND BUNDLE ($259) and SPIRE ONLY ($189). So my question is, what's the difference between these two? I'm not really sure what a sound bundle is :oops:

It also says "INCLUDE FACTORY SOUNDS BANKS ONLY" on SPIRE ONLY. But can I still edit and tweak those factory sounds? I hope someone can make this clear for me :D

Thanks a lot!

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:46 pm

Christian_R wrote:I have now used SynthMaster One for a little while. And although I like it, I also think many of the synths sound a little outdated, and many of the synths are also too simular.

But I've been listening so some samples from Spire, and that sound a little more fresh to me. And I see that they sell SPIRE + SOUND BUNDLE ($259) and SPIRE ONLY ($189). So my question is, what's the difference between these two? I'm not really sure what a sound bundle is :oops:

It also says "INCLUDE FACTORY SOUNDS BANKS ONLY" on SPIRE ONLY. But can I still edit and tweak those factory sounds? I hope someone can make this clear for me :D

Thanks a lot!
Spire sound bundle is just the Spire synth with additional sound banks so includes more wavetables and presets = more sounds. You can of course tweak factory sounds and design your own.

Christian_R

Post by Christian_R » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:28 am

jestermgee wrote:Spire sound bundle is just the Spire synth with additional sound banks so includes more wavetables and presets = more sounds. You can of course tweak factory sounds and design your own.
OK, thanks for clearing that up :)

I think I will give spire a chance.

login

Post by login » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:40 pm

IMHO Get either Spire or Serum and buy separate sound banks, so many options out there that you might find more interesting than the banks included in that bundle with spire.