Live 10: Vote for show/hide automation lanes per track now!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

I voted

Poll ended at Sat May 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Yes, I voted @ centercode. Bring this back!
44%
Yes, I'm not in the beta team, but I want this back!
31%
No, I'm leaving you in the gutter. Will not vote for this.
25%

Total votes: 16

mikb

Live 10: Vote for show/hide automation lanes per track now!

Post by mikb » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:38 pm

I'm sure a vast majority of Live users agree with me and many others that this lost functionality in the Live 10 betas need to be restored as soon as is humanly possibly.

Problem description
You can't any more hide your carefully setup automation lanes in one track and hide them temporarily while reviewing or editing automation in another track. It's all or nothing now in Live 10. Either show all automation lanes or none! This is not user friendly nor flexible.

Specifically what is missing is the little arrow, or an alternative short cut, than can hide the automation lanes in the current track while keeping lanes open in other tracks.

Live 9: Image Live 10: Image

Notice the absence of the arrow in middle left.

I'm once again reposting Antic604's original post @ centercode where you can vote for this — You'll need to have to get on the beta team, so please have some patience — to be brought back to parity with Live 9 funciotnality (resampled images and enlarged text). This needs to happen, please help yourself and us all by woting! ;
antic604 wrote: (in the linked centercode site)Let me demonstrate the problem on an actual example:

Here's my older project in Live 9, with 2 tracks ("contact" and "bass") expanded and showing all automation lanes. Everything else is collapsed to 1-unit height:

Since I'm working on "bass", but want to do it in reference to the waveform in "contact" I want to hide the automation lanes of the latter, but still have that track 2-3 units high. I can easily do it in Live 9, because there's per-track toggle to show/hide automation lanes:

However, in Live 10 that per-track toggle is gone, therefore each track of 2+ units height will show its automation lanes and I'm ending up with equivalent of my 1st image in Live 9, without any way to change it. Well, I could actually hit those (-) icons on each lane & delete them, but then I'd have to bring them all back if I wanted to see them again. This is not necessary in Live 9:

If you feel, like I do, this omission is crazy, don't just post here, but go and vote at L10-SUG-0252: "Bring back per-track 'show automation' toggle". If you're not a member you register first.

Make your voice (vote) heard!

And please show here that you voted so I can keep track of how this is going also here. 77 votes today. Let's take this trough 100!
Last edited by mikb on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basic gear info: Macbook Pro with macOS 10.12, Ableton Live Suite version 9 (64bit) with Ozone, Push and APC20 as controllers.

Tarekith

Re: Live 10: Vote for show/hide automation lanes per track now!

Post by Tarekith » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:20 pm

Guess you both are going to be happy with the latest beta that came out this morning then. :)

mikb

Post by mikb » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:27 pm

Tarekith wrote:Guess you both are going to be happy with the latest beta that came out this morning then. :)
How's that? My screen dump above is from Live 10.0.1b1. I see no options. What am I missing?
Basic gear info: Macbook Pro with macOS 10.12, Ableton Live Suite version 9 (64bit) with Ozone, Push and APC20 as controllers.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Are you sure you're using 10.b1? Here's a screen grab of mine from a few minutes ago, you can now hide automation on individual tracks like before:

mikb

Post by mikb » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Tarekith wrote:Are you sure you're using 10.b1? Here's a screen grab of mine from a few minutes ago, you can now hide automation on individual tracks like before:
This version: Image

and you can't hide all automation lanes of one track and get them back with a single click just as they were.

This problem remains.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Ah, now I see what you're referring to, sorry for the misunderstanding.

mikb

Post by mikb » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:47 pm

70% of the voters in this poll here support this suggestion. That's very welcome.

99 votes today at the centercode site!

Let us make this break trough 100: Cast your vote!