Behringer X-Touch with Ableton Live 9.7.x

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Delongpredannon

Re: Behringer X-Touch with Ableton Live 9.7.x

Post by Delongpredannon » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:08 pm

jestermgee wrote:There are reasons you wont find an MCU cheap, because they are not built cheap. They are solid and reliable and mine is 10 years old and still in perfect/new condition. Personally I love it and have no idea how it would compare to the Xtouch only to say I did have a Behringer BCF in a past life and though that was nifty, I felt it was fragile but what does one expect for $300. Behringer is like the "home brand" of music gear. Gets the job done but you don't brag about the fact you have it.

I love my MCU especially with the mods I have done with Bome. Depending on your needs and wants, the cost is worth it if you are the kind of person who wants to have the ability to solve their problems. I'm the kind of person tho that finds an issue and will happily spend weeks designing my own work around.

The MCU does not select tracks when you touch a fader, nor would I want that to happen either. There is a track select button on the controller and I personally use the MCU to adjust and automate track volume while I use Push to automate plugins and my KK keyboard to automate instruments. It would be an issue if it was changing tracks as soon as I touch the fader.

Like anything in life (or production) nothing is designed with you personally in mind, you have to spend some time finding the balance and bend things to your own needs.

I loved my MCU when I had one years ago, but I was using logic. It's a bummer that it seems that no one is taking ableton seriously in this regard because I feel that it is such a better product, even for people like me that don't make any form of electronic music. The Behringer does seem like a home brand item and doesnt have the build quality of even the old original MCU that I had.

Thanks for the info, It looks like im going back to mackie!

AlienableTone

Post by AlienableTone » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:41 pm

Any updates on integration with Live 10?

Also trying to find an updated overlay for Live 10 but haven't seen one yet... Anyone had better luck with that?

EmotiveMusic

Post by EmotiveMusic » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:42 pm

AlienableTone wrote:Any updates on integration with Live 10?

Also trying to find an updated overlay for Live 10 but haven't seen one yet... Anyone had better luck with that?
The main thing was updating Xtouch firmware to 1.5. That fixed my banking issues. Did something else change in Live 10? ...because I didn't notice anything.

I've just been using this overlay ever since the X-Touch came out... (see DB link in thread).
https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread ... erlay+Live

kites

Post by kites » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:17 pm

EmotiveMusic wrote:
AlienableTone wrote:Any updates on integration with Live 10?

The main thing was updating Xtouch firmware to 1.5. That fixed my banking issues. Did something else change in Live 10? ...because I didn't notice anything.

I've just been using this overlay ever since the X-Touch came out... (see DB link in thread).
https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread ... erlay+Live
Nothing seems to have changed for Live 10, but I’ve been using Bomes ever since. Behringer hasn’t updated the firmware for the last 2 years, it’s been on 1.5 since I’ve had mine with no MIDI mapping software insight.
MacBookPro11,2 15” mid 2014
Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
4 Core, 16 GB

telengard

Post by telengard » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:37 pm

rhysclarke wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:58 pm
Here's an ableton overlay for x-touch. You'll need indesign to open and print. The free trial version works for editing and printing

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/2e427f ... 637/18ae87
Could you possibly re-up this?

thanks