lock tracks onto APC40 mkii

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
danny klim

lock tracks onto APC40 mkii

Post by danny klim » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi, I just got an APC40 mkii and am trying to figure out how to lock tracks onto it, Could you please help?

I want to keep the first two columns on the APC40 locked so that they always control my main vocal mic track and my main grand piano track. i want the other 6 columns to still move freely around as they normally would, independently of the piano and vocal track.

Is this possible to do? How?

Thanks, Dan

S4racen

Re: lock tracks onto APC40 mkii

Post by S4racen » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:00 pm

Do you want the first two tracks to move up and down but stay locked on one and two when you move the other 6 tracks to the right?

If so... You can't...But you could hard map the 10 buttons to 10 clips, enter MIDI Mapping mode select a clip and then press the corresponding button.

Cheers
D

danny klim

Re: lock tracks onto APC40 mkii

Post by danny klim » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:04 pm

S4racen wrote:Do you want the first two tracks to move up and down but stay locked on one and two when you move the other 6 tracks to the right?

If so... You can't...But you could hard map the 10 buttons to 10 clips, enter MIDI Mapping mode select a clip and then press the corresponding button.

Cheers
D

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by "the first two tracks to move up and down but stay locked on one and two when you move the other 6 tracks to the right?". Yes i do want those two tracks to stay locked on those two columns while i move the other 6 tracks to the left or right. Moving the tracks up and down to more clips isnt a big priority for those two tracks.

Do you mean that i can hard map the two tracks to the first two columns by using midi mapping mode to the 5 clip buttons for each track, as well as all of the faders,knobs and record buttons etc for those two tracks... and the only thing that i wont be able to do is use the up and down buttons to use more than 5 clip slots for those tracks ... is that correct?