Exported audio is cutting in and out.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Operator114

Exported audio is cutting in and out.

Post by Operator114 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:21 pm

I have a small arrangment of midi and in the live set it plays fine. However when I export the audio parts of the track do not play or cut in and out, almost as if it was rendered too quickly for the system to read it properly when exporting.

Is there a way to export in real time? Or would it be something to do with my buffer size or cache?

Here is a link to the audio:

https://soundcloud.com/operator-d-b/abe ... or/s-a2M8v

Can you help me please,

Much Love

Op

Stromkraft

Re: Exported audio is cutting in and out.

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:06 pm

Operator114 wrote:I have a small arrangment of midi and in the live set it plays fine. However when I export the audio parts of the track do not play or cut in and out, almost as if it was rendered too quickly for the system to read it properly when exporting.

Is there a way to export in real time? Or would it be something to do with my buffer size or cache?

Can you help me please,

Much Love

Op
This is a master export? What is on your master exactly? Any modulation like side-chained gate or something. Are there any playback issues ever with the set?
Make some music!

Operator114

Post by Operator114 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:27 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
Operator114 wrote:I have a small arrangment of midi and in the live set it plays fine. However when I export the audio parts of the track do not play or cut in and out, almost as if it was rendered too quickly for the system to read it properly when exporting.

Can you help me please,

Much Love

Op
This is a master export? What is on your master exactly? Any modulation like side-chained gate or something. Are there any playback issues ever with the set?
This is a Master and there is nothing on it, just raw audio. And yes at times I have to let ableton load up my VSTs before playing or it stutters then also. However once it has been played through it reduces the stuttering massivly almost never happening.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:30 am

Operator114 wrote:
This is a Master and there is nothing on it, just raw audio. And yes at times I have to let ableton load up my VSTs before playing or it stutters then also. However once it has been played through it reduces the stuttering massivly almost never happening.
Well, then this is strange. Does it turn out like this every time? At the same places? Typically, even if you get playback (real time) stutter, exporting (not real time) will not contain this. Something else must be at play here. To me the pauses seem too long to be caused by resource issues. I wonder if it could be a file system issue?
Make some music!

Operator114

Post by Operator114 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:27 pm

It does seem to lag on CPU spikes up to 14%, at times a bit more or less.

And on other projects I do not have this problem. I am using a new VST but I'm unsure how that could cause so many issues. My iMac is a quad core with 8gb RAM.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:01 pm

Operator114 wrote:It does seem to lag on CPU spikes up to 14%, at times a bit more or less.

And on other projects I do not have this problem. I am using a new VST but I'm unsure how that could cause so many issues. My iMac is a quad core with 8gb RAM.
Well, I suspect some file issue or automation here. Hard to tell. Care to share the project?
Make some music!

Operator114

Post by Operator114 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:28 am

Stromkraft wrote:
Operator114 wrote:It does seem to lag on CPU spikes up to 14%, at times a bit more or less.

Well, I suspect some file issue or automation here. Hard to tell. Care to share the project?

Yeah sure, here is a link to the .als and .cfg files. Most of the project is midi.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BNT3N ... FeHieimT5o

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:09 pm

OK, of course I didn't even have one of those instruments, so I replaced them, including the missing sample files. I made an export that looks like this (left channel):

Looks about right?

Anyway, this got me thinking that one way to identify a possible culprit would be to save a separate set and in that replace one plug-in at a time, with something native, before you make an export.

Listen to that and see if the dropouts are still there. When they're not, the last replaced plug-in could be involved.

I don't see much automation in there, but as I don't have your plug-ins any automation for those is also unavailable to me. That could of course be involved.

If anyone have the same plug-ins, please try out you as well:

Make some music!

shakey_hands

Post by shakey_hands » Sat May 16, 2020 9:07 pm

I have this issue also. Can someone please provide an awnseer pleassssee. Otherwise im going to have to rebild a 50 something track project in Reaper.

If this insnt an easy fix than goodbye Ableton 10 for most of my music making.

My specs
Ableton live 10 suite
windows - up to date 64 bit
HP laptop
Intel (R) core i7 @1.80 ghz
16 Gb ram

shakey_hands

Post by shakey_hands » Sat May 16, 2020 9:37 pm

Well. ive found the solution!

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... -real-time

Its because Ableton tries to do a quick (and evidently dodgy!) Job. So we need to render in real time. This article above from Ableton explains how.

FOR ALL FUTURE READERS THIS MAY BE THE ANSWER FOR U!

It certainly saved my day - literally. I woke up today facing a gun barrel of exporting each track individually, sifting through them to find the problem tracks, and basically rebuilding an 80+ track project in Reaper.

Also i got the answer from EW in the live chat. their customer service is fantastic.