Ableton 10 is obsolet!

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
chuckthetoast

Ableton 10 is obsolet!

Post by chuckthetoast » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:12 pm

Does anyone else see that ableton 10 is a complete obsolet update?
Come on guys a wavetable synth? Its 2017 (close to 2018). Built in ok, but every dude out there has got at least massive or serum. This is not a step further!
Groups in groups is a nice feature but ableton could have done this in the meantime.
Drum Buss... everyone has a transient shaper these days or knows how to work around.
Pedal, yeah thank you i really was not waiting for getting some more distortion able plugins.
The better integration of max msp is something i really appreciate but this should be the logical consequence due to the fact how slow and unsafe it is to work with M4L and not something we should pay for.
And now you want me to pay 200$ for keeping me up to date?? Guess what, im disapointed!
How about about the integration of some really next step producton approaches like a mixing tool in the manner of trackspacer?
Or the freedom of making your own shortcuts?
Maybe some zynaptiq stile motphing plugins or updating the audio editor with some melodyne technology?
Just somehow improving the interface between our ideas and ableton! This is the main issue of any computer programm. And your not even thinking about doing the next step. Yeah do some wavtablesynth and group in group and everyone should be happy because ist ableton!?

BEST
Marv

Best

ash1

Re: Ableton 10 is obsolet!

Post by ash1 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:29 pm

far from being obsolete windows 10 is magical i love it
probably the best updates ever
cobined with the push updates totaly unbeatable
well done ableton
10 is winner
worth every penny :)

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:38 pm

I don't know when I make the step to Live 10, but I will in the future. For what I have seen - I love it!!! It's also the new features for Push 2 that I like. Everybody got an opinion, and I respect that. It's just a bit of money that makes it that I step in later proberly - as I bought Push 2 and Live Suite 9 this year, as well as some new studio monitors and a new music PC. It's just for fun for me, I don't make a living from it.

I'm looking forward to upgrade!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

fisto

Post by fisto » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:02 pm

totally agree with the OP.
After ten years with Ableton I'm leaving the party with Live 9.7.1 and already bought Bitwig Studio2 for my creative work now. I just don't feel Live going any further.
Live 10 is a point-update and not a major one for me.

Don't care about new synths&effects&push. I want workflow and forward-thinking helpers & tools. AND custom shortcuts!!!
This all got missed with this update.

Can't believe that so many are happy with the features of Live 10....

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:09 pm

A comment directed to @chuckthetoast and @fisto was [deleted by Stromkraft].
Last edited by Stromkraft on Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

fisto

Post by fisto » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:43 pm

@stromkraft, ah really? So we here all are not pointing out our opinions all the time. What is a forum for then?
So, from your point of view, we should not say what we think about Live 10? Or is it allowed only if we say how good it is?
Well, it is not.

Great post mate! Keep up the good work accepting different points of view.

And let me add, that your comment about our comment about Live 10 is obsolete.
--> LIVECEPTION!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:09 pm

fisto wrote: So, from your point of view, we should not say what we think about Live 10?
edits inside [ ]

Of course I didn't think that, but I [personally] don't care for your "I will move to another DAW because I'm so disappointed"[unnecessary words deleted by Stromkraft].
I'm all for open debate and everything, but I feel you're not debating. You are proclaiming. That's extremely uninteresting [to me]. [Obviously you're in your full right to express this. ]

This is not to say other aspects of migrating to another DAW or tool would be uninteresting. [unnecessary words deleted by Stromkraft]
Last edited by Stromkraft on Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Make some music!

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:00 pm

We have moderators in place to determine what is inappropriate for the forum, and Stromkraft is not one of them despite how it might appear to people given how often he posts here.

We are always interested in knowing what people like and don’t like about Live, and this forum is perfectly fine to share those views as long as they don’t go against our community guidelines at the top of each forum.
Ableton Forum Administrator

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:52 pm

[erm] wrote:We have moderators in place to determine what is inappropriate for the forum, and Stromkraft is not one of them despite how it might appear to people given how often he posts here.

We are always interested in knowing what people like and don’t like about Live, and this forum is perfectly fine to share those views as long as they don’t go against our community guidelines at the top of each forum.
Exactly
Ableton Forum Moderator

login

Post by login » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:52 pm

It amazes me that people are so attached to software updates in order to make music: "they don't update so I wam going to jump ship" weren't they making music before with the program? Well maybe Live is missing the features you want, totally comprensible to jump ship, but to jump just because it doesn't get new features seems strange. You are going to find the grass is not always greener in the other side.

Anyway, consider Live gets updates down the road, not just the "new" features announced. BW is charging 160 anually for that down the road development.

fisto

Post by fisto » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:15 pm

login wrote:It amazes me that people are so attached to software updates in order to make music: "they don't update so I wam going to jump ship" weren't they making music before with the program? Well maybe Live is missing the features you want, totally comprensible to jump ship, but to jump just because it doesn't get new features seems strange. You are going to find the grass is not always greener in the other side.
agreed, that's why I have to change, because Stuff I need in my work is still not there. I've looked to BW a year ago too, and almost wanted to jump ship, but wanted to see what comes in L10. Now that I see for me, that L10 is not going into a direction that suits me, and is not helping me speed up my workflow, I have a better tool to use.

And I'm fine with that. It's not about getting new fancy features, it's about my main-creative-workhorse, starting to slow me down, and that I don't want.
My Tools have to work, how I want, not the other way around :)

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:19 pm

My oldest Licencse is Live Lite 4
first Full was Live 7
and then with Live9 the upgrade to Suite cause of M4L.

But this time I am also unsure if i really wanna upgrade.
Just looked in on Black Friday if there is an Opportunity ?
No .. then No

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:38 pm

It's not an overwhelming upgrade feature wise, but rarely are upgrades for any DAW. Logic 7 and Live 4 for instance were HUGE upgrades, but mostly it's incremental improvements that developers figure deserve being rewarded financially for.

If you own Push, it's certainly worth it, and the new controller scripting for any controller is also going to ad more value than people realize. If you own hardware synths, then the SysEx is worth it etc. Face it though, not everyone will be happy with every upgrade and new or updated features it adds.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:12 am

I don't see how those points make Live 10 "Obsolete" but discussion on features that are needed/desired is always good.

Sure the new update may have some underrated appeal to some users but it's got a lot of good usability features and seems to be paving the way for some new features.

Understandable if you have been a long time user and still don't see features you have wanted, look at other options that do. I always find it hard to take someone's opinion seriously who has just 2 posts on the forums. Personally I am not disappointed nor "blown away" by the update. I have always wanted the ability to rename/order VST parameters to make it easier to automate especially with Push but for 4+ years this hasn't happened. I'm annoyed but not annoyed enough to rant and jump off deck.

Get into the Beta, keep making suggestions and constructive posts, they do listen but obviously have to consider bigger picture things and not just the individual points.

locojohn

Post by locojohn » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:27 am

Well, I am just hoping Ableton will be closely monitoring suggestions posted on Ableton Centercode and react accordingly. What I really mean is that I hope the development for new features in Live has not stopped by the time the new version has been announced. I do hope that common sense prevails and opinion of a large user base matters in the end.

Andrejs
/*
  • the basic tone of life remains the same,
    and in it there are some happy melodies
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/