Ableton 10 is obsolet!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
DukeOfPrunes

Re: Ableton 10 is obsolet!

Post by DukeOfPrunes » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:40 pm

DukeOfPrunes wrote:
H20nly wrote:Norton... Can you disable it all together and/or put it in a discreet mode?

If it’s scanning files on execute there may be some issues with .wav files and the large file types a DAW deals with. It could also be fighting with the Ableton indexer. I would try disabling it entirely and see if the issue persists.

If the issue goes away, then you need to add exclusions for Ableton Live
Very good idea, I will give this a shot and report back.

Thank you,
Jean.
I excluded Ableton from Norton as well as disabled Auto Protect and it seems to relieve the CPU usage. I still got a few drop outs, but certainly not as much.

Thanks for your help, I will continue testing and monitoring the usage.

DukeOfPrunes

Post by DukeOfPrunes » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:56 pm

DukeOfPrunes wrote:
DukeOfPrunes wrote:
H20nly wrote:Norton... Can you disable it all together and/or put it in a discreet mode?

If it’s scanning files on execute there may be some issues with .wav files and the large file types a DAW deals with. It could also be fighting with the Ableton indexer. I would try disabling it entirely and see if the issue persists.

If the issue goes away, then you need to add exclusions for Ableton Live
Very good idea, I will give this a shot and report back.

Thank you,
Jean.
I excluded Ableton from Norton as well as disabled Auto Protect and it seems to relieve the CPU usage. I still got a few drop outs, but certainly not as much.

Thanks for your help, I will continue testing and monitoring the usage.
I have now excluded the Ableton Live Suite 10 main executable, excluded Ableton Index from Norton and disabled Auto Protect. It would seem Norton is the culprit. Dammed Norton! I would not have thought to do this on my own.

Thank you very much again!

Jean.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:19 pm

glad it helped.

good luck.