PC users in the Live10 beta team, is WASAPI supported?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pencilrocket

Re: PC users in the Live10 beta team, is WASAPI supported?

Post by pencilrocket » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:43 am

Ableton is thinking getting audio interface is mandatory? That's absurdly wild conjecture :lol: Where did you come up with that?

Dalicus

Post by Dalicus » Sun May 31, 2020 12:07 pm

login wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:04 pm
If you are serious about using music software ASIO is the only real option in windows. WASAPI has big latency and doesn't prioritize audio processes, lots o dropouts with it.

I believe the last version of ASIO4all is multiclient.

Steinberg ASIO drivers are multiclient too.
I'm serious about music software, but I also want to be able to use devices in shared mode with reasonably low latency.

Currently using ASIO latest version. Shared mode not possible.

The current 'Generic low latency 64bit ASIO driver' from Steinberg (which I am currently using at least) does not support shared mode.

Also tried FL Studio, Ploytech USB audio driver, and FlexASIO. THese are OK but have drawbacks. FL Stuidio allows shared mode but latency is high, as its not configurable to lower than 50ms (on my system at least). Ploytech is OK (getting 20-45 ms clean) but only supports some devices, all of which have to be USB devices.

WASAPI support is an absolute basic for a DAW and all other DAWs I know of support it.

Sean_Clarke

Post by Sean_Clarke » Sun May 31, 2020 7:04 pm

I get 10ms rountrip @ 441 samples in Bitwig on my MS Surface, rock solid and does the job without needing a 3rd party AISO driver.
DAWS: Live 11 Suite + PUSH2, Studio One, Bitwig and Reason all via an X32 desk: Instruments: modular and analogue stuff, guitars, basses and drums.

TLW

Post by TLW » Sun May 31, 2020 7:53 pm

I used the (Roland) WASAPI driver with an Edirol/Roland/Cakewalk interface under Windows Vista with identical results to the Roland ASIO driver other than WASAPI didn’t trigger a strange bug in one build of Sonar.

It’s rather surprising that any current Windows DAW doesn’t support WASAPI drivers.
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.