How to mix 1 track into another

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
stemiles90

How to mix 1 track into another

Post by stemiles90 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi all,i am new to ableton, had it about 8 months and have laid down numerous tunes that I would like to mix into each other like 2 records in a club type of thing.How do I go about this and would it be possible to use a standalone crossfader I am thinking of getting? I would simply like to have a track playing,cue the next track,match the bpm[like you would on decks] then fade it in[assuming it will be in sync]CHEERS

Bombastic

Re: How to mix 1 track into another

Post by Bombastic » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:10 pm

i think thats what session view is all about - put your song into a session clip, it will auto match the beat, and when one starts you can trigger the other. there are lots of different types of triggers too - many youtube videos on this (sorry cant get more specific as its not something I do a lot of myself) - I tend to use arrangement view and construct full songs..

Stace30

Re: How to mix 1 track into another

Post by Stace30 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:13 pm

As Bombastic said, Session view is the view to use. Read up on how to warp your tracks and DJ-ing with Live, a lot of fun. Finding and doing tutorials would be a better way to go. A midi controller like an APC-40 or 20 are good to use for this kind of thing as they have cross-faders on with some different options for fader curves.

Al.
Live 10 Suite, M4L, MPC TOUCH - MPC software v2.7, Reason 4, Komplete 11, i7 Laptop, 12g Ram, Win 10, Adam A7's & Genelec 8010's - Joined Forum in 2006.