Ableton specific ? regarding NI Komplete Kontrol MK2...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jackercrack

Ableton specific ? regarding NI Komplete Kontrol MK2...

Post by jackercrack » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:52 am

I have been looking all over for the answer to this question but couldn't seem to find it.

If you have a KK MK2...and the currently highlighted track has an Ableton Instrument Rack in it. Do the knobs automatically map to the current macros...and are the macro names reflected on the screen of the KK Mk2?

Follow up: Is the MK2 limited to NI plugins in regards to browsing sounds and placing them in tracks?

I love how Push navigates through Live's content...and I love how KK navigates and handles NI content. If I could find a controller that would natively and inherently do both at the same time I'd be over the moon.

F34TH3R

Re: Ableton specific ? regarding NI Komplete Kontrol MK2...

Post by F34TH3R » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:59 pm

jackercrack wrote:I have been looking all over for the answer to this question but couldn't seem to find it.

If you have a KK MK2...and the currently highlighted track has an Ableton Instrument Rack in it. Do the knobs automatically map to the current macros...and are the macro names reflected on the screen of the KK Mk2?

Follow up: Is the MK2 limited to NI plugins in regards to browsing sounds and placing them in tracks?

I love how Push navigates through Live's content...and I love how KK navigates and handles NI content. If I could find a controller that would natively and inherently do both at the same time I'd be over the moon.
I don't think it'll automap to the instrument rack but I could be wrong. The mk2 will not browse abletons library so it only works with vst's that are loaded into komplete kontrol. The best way to browse native instruments plugins (komplete 11) is by getting the mod script from audiomodder. It'll allow you to browse presets from native instruments library on push. The integration of these controllers is great with their specific software but someone does need to make a controller that integrates better with 3rd party plugins.
F34TH3R

F34TH3R

Post by F34TH3R » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:59 pm

jackercrack wrote:I have been looking all over for the answer to this question but couldn't seem to find it.

I don't think it'll automap to the instrument rack but I could be wrong. The mk2 will not browse abletons library so it only works with vst's that are loaded into komplete kontrol. The best way to browse native instruments plugins (komplete 11) is by getting the mod script from audiomodder. It'll allow you to browse presets from native instruments library on push. The integration of these controllers is great with their specific software but someone does need to make a controller that integrates better with 3rd party plugins.
F34TH3R

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:40 pm

The KK MK2 is not able to see any of Abletons native devices/instruments, but it can see 3rd party VSTs that are loaded via the Komplete Kontrol software. Its a great keyboard controller, once you have your 3rd party vst presets setup within KK its blinding. :) Makes a great companion for Push as well.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:40 pm

I have the MK1 still (MK2 has some teething issues still) so I am not 100% on what the MK2 can do in Live over the MK1 but I did develop a script for the MK1 that when in MIDI mode it would switch to a second control surface script (a user script) which could control any of the first 4 banks of 8 controls in Live plus the first 8 channels of the live Mixer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzdd_gSlZYk&t=799s

That probably won't work on the MK2 because it requires a Control Editor template to be loaded into the keyboard and of course, the MK2 does not work with Control Editor.