Ableton arrange view playback/editing is weak compared to FL

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ADAUS

Ableton arrange view playback/editing is weak compared to FL

Post by ADAUS » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqLSuSt3l54

Watching Zen World who is an Ableton Pro struggle with the vocal chop sample build (19 minute mark) is why I like producing in FL Studio and just using Ableton for performance... The fact that Ableton does not allow you to set playback to stay unaffected while editing samples is super weak!!! It forces you to keep clicking back to the beginning of the build to hear playback to see if your timing is correct and then click back to the sample for adjustments... brutal...

In fL Studio this is not a problem because the playback stays unaffected whenever you edit samples so that all you have to do is press spacebar and it starts from wherever you left the playback indicator initially, not where you just edited the samples... Ableton is sick for performance but its a producing workflow killer!!! 30 mins for a build??? lol

ps: Imagine if he tried to make his own snare build instead of using a sample snare build (10 minute mark) this would've taken an hour!!! Nothing against Zen just Ableton :)

pencilrocket

Re: Ableton arrange view playback/editing is weak compared to FL

Post by pencilrocket » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:04 am

That is the moment I am always about to split hairs :lol: This click fest also happens for midi clips unless you use consolidation to make midi clip with blank. But Live makes audio clips unique automatically so I can stretch without fear of ruining other slices.