Ableton Live 10 - whats your favourite new features?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinesworking

Re: Ableton Live 10 - whats your favourite new features?

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:11 pm

papawise wrote:I'm missing a modular approach in this version.
I was expecting to be able to move the different windows to different screens and not just the arrangement view and clip session. Specially the MIDI roll and the plugins properties panel, would be great to be able to unttach them to a third screen.
Ableton dropped the ball so hard on dual monitor support. Subwindows are cool, but it's great how in every other DAW I use I can drag the MIDI piano roll to the other monitor and not be messing with folding notes to see the whole screen... :x

silentnigel

Post by silentnigel » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:33 am

Live 10 is an amazing upgrade. The arrangement editing functions alone are remarkable.

Here are a few top of mind things I enjoy:

1) Moving clips with arrow key vs dragging
2) Echo - crazy possibilities
3) Drum Buss is nice to save you from adding three or four devices if you are in the mood for some quick tweaking
4) Midi chase!
5) Grouping on top of grouping
6) Being able to pull up midi keyboard, shut it, bring up automation, etc. The arrangement view is more clean and the way they designed clip editing takes a couple of weeks to get used to but once you get used to it you work much faster.

I think this upgrade is amazing. Plus as someone else mentioned, Ableton provides great updates along the way and I'm sure with Live 10 we'll see great new features in the coming years added to 10.2, 10.3 etc.

Ableton pulls further and further away from the other DAWs with each release and as someone else mentioned the packs are nice. Fun to get in there and mangle them into something new (which Ableton does better than anyone with the audio warping capabilities).

Fontwell

Post by Fontwell » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:14 am

I appreciated all the new features introduced in Live 10, but the two below are headline for me

1. Capture

2. Multi-Clip Editing
Ableton Live 10 Standard + Max-For-Live + Sampler.

* Windows 10
* 12 Core CPU 64 GB Ram.
* Thunderbolt 2 MOTU Audio Interface.

* UAD2 + Vienna Instruments and large library of VST Instruments

8E

Post by 8E » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:25 am

Fontwell wrote:I appreciated all the new features introduced in Live 10, but the two below are headline for me

1. Capture

2. Multi-Clip Editing
Indeed very good. Same for me. I am still on Beta, but officially using only 9.
MacOS Mojave MacBook Pro (15", Mid 2015), 2,5 GHz i7, 16GB RAM
Live Suite 10-latest + Push 1
U-PHORIA UMC204HD