How 2 show CC changes in their own lane in Arrangement View

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
weblogik

How 2 show CC changes in their own lane in Arrangement View

Post by weblogik » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:34 pm

Hello everyone, i'm struggling here.

I have a Roland TB-03 setup in Live, and in Session view it records Midi control changes in real time, however in Arrangement view I can drag the clip over and see the changes in clip but i actually would like to draw the automation its own lane or at least in the arrangement view. However I have no options to see CC parameters in the session view... Only the devices on the track...

Am i missing something ?
Img tags not working for me either in here :x

https://ibb.co/kqiT4G

https://ibb.co/da1WPG

arretx

Re: How 2 show CC changes in their own lane in Arrangement View

Post by arretx » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:45 am

The track contains the midi device. It is not itself a midi device. Therefore, it does not have a set of CC values to control.

It's limited to the clip envelope in that track.
MacBook Air | Ableton Live 9.7.5 2017-10-02 | Advance 61 Keybaord w/VIP 3.0 | Launchpad Mini | Scarlett Focusrite 18i8 | iPad Pro / OnSong | Allen & Heath QU-32

mikb

Re: How 2 show CC changes in their own lane in Arrangement View

Post by mikb » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:09 pm

arretx wrote:The track contains the midi device. It is not itself a midi device. Therefore, it does not have a set of CC values to control.
I don't think this makes much sense. Fact is that the MIDI CC, as any contained MIDI events of any kind, is part of the clip no matter if any MIDI "belongs" to a specific device or not. This limitation is just an arbitrary decision Ableton have made.
Basic gear info: Macbook Pro with macOS 10.12, Ableton Live Suite version 9 (64bit) with Ozone, Push and APC20 as controllers.