Launchcontrol XL lights stay on after shutdown

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Matt_Quinn

Launchcontrol XL lights stay on after shutdown

Post by Matt_Quinn » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:11 pm

Anyone here use a LaunchControl XL? Do the LEDs stay on after you shut your computer off? Running WIndows 10.

I have both a Launch Control and a Launch Control XL. When I got the LC, the same thing was happening with it's LEDs. I fixed it by going to:

Power options>
Change plan settings>
Change advanced power settings>
USB settings>
USB Selective suspend setting>
change from enable to disabled.

I also disabled 'Turn on fast start up' under Power Options>Choose what power buttons do.

But since I added the LCXL to the setup, it stays lit even after shutdown. Driving me crazy. Have a workaround of a template with all the LEDs set to off, but prefer it to just turn off like the LC does.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

markwphoto

Re: Launchcontrol XL lights stay on after shutdown

Post by markwphoto » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:28 am

Some computers provide power to USB ports even after shutdown to do things like charging accessory devices after the power is off. This is the reason why your LEDS stay on. You may see a lightning bolt by the USB port mean that it always has power. You can turn this off sometimes in the bios of the computer. It can also occur on power usb hubs as they always supply power to the ports unless you have one with switches.

Matt_Quinn

Re: Launchcontrol XL lights stay on after shutdown

Post by Matt_Quinn » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:59 pm

markwphoto wrote:Some computers provide power to USB ports even after shutdown to do things like charging accessory devices after the power is off. This is the reason why your LEDS stay on. You may see a lightning bolt by the USB port mean that it always has power. You can turn this off sometimes in the bios of the computer. It can also occur on power usb hubs as they always supply power to the ports unless you have one with switches.

Thanks, I will check the BIOS stuff. The LCXL is indeed running off a powered external hub, but so is the LC, which stopped staying lit when I made the changes noted in the OP. Very strange behavior. Opened a ticket with Novation as well.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.