loudness

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
A99 Productions

loudness

Post by A99 Productions » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:11 am

hello...( sry for my english by the way )

One of my tracks needs loudness if i bumping up my faders anymore my track will stop breathing so what can i do to make it cleaner and louder?

Stromkraft

Re: loudness

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:17 pm

A99 Productions wrote:hello...( sry for my english by the way )

One of my tracks needs loudness if i bumping up my faders anymore my track will stop breathing so what can i do to make it cleaner and louder?
What do you mean loudness? What are you specifically not satisfied with? What LUFS/TP values are you targeting? Are all tracks gain staged?

What actions have you already made in your mix like track EQ, compression, transients and other basic mixing techniques?

When I'm not satisfied how an instrument or instrument group is coming across I often peruse Parallel compression. But before that I spent numerous hours understanding gain staging, EQing and dynamics, so it's a part of a larger system I kinda have adopted and evolved. I assume that's how everyone ends up.

One good way to learn how what actions give what end result, I think, is to make multiple mixes of short simple songs where you explore different techniques in short focused sessions. This should be on musical material you like but you have little invested in, like some idea you play around with as an experiment.
Make some music!