How do i safelyRemove older versions after instal Live 10?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spanktron

How do i safelyRemove older versions after instal Live 10?

Post by spanktron » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi there.

i am wondering.

I installed Live 10 today. I would like to remove 9and 10 beta in order to save space and keep it clean.

I am hesitant though. I don`t want to have rogue Folders that stay behind taking up space if i erase the older Versions.
Also i don`t want to interfere with the new version and accidentally remove things Live 10 needs.

How do you-i proceed?

mrmugabi

Re: How do i safelyRemove older versions after instal Live 10?

Post by mrmugabi » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:01 pm

I just completed this today.

I installed Live 10 standard and ran it once to create the preferences folder
Copied my Live 10 beta preferences from C:\Users\Sanga\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 10.0.1b10\Preferences and overwrite Live 10 Std preferences.
Open Live 10 std to make sure everything is there.

Using windows add/remove I then removed Live 10 beta, and Live 9 std installations leaving only Live 10

The actually Live program files in c:\programdata\ableton will be removed. The preferences will remain. You can delete those folders if you want to. I leave them in place incase I need to go back to an old version to check somethings out while converting all my Live sets from version 9 to 10

spanktron

Post by spanktron » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:02 pm

mrmugabi wrote:I just completed this today.

I installed Live 10 standard and ran it once to create the preferences folder
Copied my Live 10 beta preferences from C:\Users\Sanga\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 10.0.1b10\Preferences and overwrite Live 10 Std preferences.
Open Live 10 std to make sure everything is there.

Using windows add/remove I then removed Live 10 beta, and Live 9 std installations leaving only Live 10

The actually Live program files in c:\programdata\ableton will be removed. The preferences will remain. You can delete those folders if you want to. I leave them in place incase I need to go back to an old version to check somethings out while converting all my Live sets from version 9 to 10

Ok. Thanks.
I gathered some opinions and will now proceed to cleansing :-)

motoGPR

Post by motoGPR » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:20 pm

I am new to Ableton Live somewhat. Had Live Lite free with hardware years ago, to Intro 9 last week, to upgraded Live 10 this morning! I was hesitant to uninstall Live 9.7 myself since I just loaded all the free packs and some additional last week. I went ahead anyway after seeing all of them show up in Live 10 after startup. I used Win 10 App uninstall from Settings menu and Live 9 is gone now, all my Packs are still in Live 10! Woohoo!