Typo in live 10 very eye-tireing

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Tarekith

Re: Typo in live 10 very eye-tireing

Post by Tarekith » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:11 pm

That's great, because I really like the new font and want to use it in other places. Works great on OSX apps like Text Edit, yay!

siehorst

Post by siehorst » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:42 pm

Angstrom wrote: The screaming noise you hear is Ableton's design team in Berlin shouting at their 4k monitors.
:mrgreen: :lol: :wink: :lol:

yentzee

Post by yentzee » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:47 pm

got used to it quite fast.
Jesus the new version is WAY faster than the old one.
I really don't care about new devices but this is exactly what I was hoping for. It really feels as if I had changed my computer.
Well done Ableton!!!

sabiwa

Post by sabiwa » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:44 pm

Angstrom wrote:If you really don't like the font and you want to feel like an elite hacker you can change it.
First read the warning at the bottom, ignore at your peril and then go to your Ableton Live 10 resources folder In Windows that's probably at
C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 10 Suite\Resources\Fonts
  1. Close Live 10
  2. zip up the fonts you find there title and put them in an archive and save it in two places.
  3. Now go find an OTF font you like. Something quite bold I's suggest, because Ableton have gone for a more slender look which suits hires screens but falls between the pixels on older screens.
  4. Go an find an Otf which you'd like to try. Personally I enjoyed AdobeFanHeitiStd-Bold which found its way into my Font library from some kind of PDF or Photoshop install I guess. Anyway pick a font, let's use the example of "comic-sans.otf"
  5. Take that "comic-sans.otf" font and copy it into your Ableton\Live 10 Suite\Resources\Fonts folder
  6. now, with the Ableton fonts all safely backed up ... delete the 3 named "AbletonSans" fonts.
  7. rename "comic-sans.otf" (or whatever you chose) to AbletonSansBold-Regular.otf,
  8. copy that and rename it to AbletonSansLight-Regular.otf
  9. copy that and rename it to AbletonSansMedium-Regular.otf
  10. Start Live 10
You should now see that the Interface is lovingly rendered in "comic-sans.otf"
The screaming noise you hear is Ableton's design team in Berlin shouting at their 4k monitors.

When Live10 updates it is possible that these application fonts will be overwritten, so if you are happy with your font choice and combination then save your modified \fonts folder as a zip somewhere outside of Live's folder tree. that way you can re-install it in future.

Warning
I am not responsible for any actions taken by you, or anybody, even me. All advice is provided by an idiot, and should be taken as such. I am not a doctor, I don't know whose kidney this is. Any damage to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. If you mess up your Live install just remember those backups you made. You did make 'em right? Also not my fault.
A nice workaround for my mid 2012 0k macbook. Now that beta is expired I'm missing something - although I'd feel like a fool to upgrade right after pre-order discount :D

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Angstrom wrote:Warning
What no Vader meme??

Robbed. :(
Unsound Designer

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:48 pm

stringtapper wrote:
Angstrom wrote:Warning