Is it necessary to re-download Packs for Live 10?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Ajbbklyn

Is it necessary to re-download Packs for Live 10?

Post by Ajbbklyn » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:58 pm

There seem to be updated versions of Live Packs that I have previously downloaded for Live 9. Is it necessary to download the newer iterations in order for them to work in 10? It would seem to be so.

When Live 8 came out, there was a full reorganization of the Library. However, the user still had the option of accessing the "Legacy Live 7 Library" in the browser. Just wondering if this time around there isn't something similar... or whether it's just necessary to bite the bullet and re-download everything.

Thanks.
Andy Baum
(nicht der österreichische Musiker)
http://andy-baum.com

Tarekith

Re: Is it necessary to re-download Packs for Live 10?

Post by Tarekith » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:36 pm

The updated packs mainly just have bug fixes in them I believe, they shouldn't be noticeably different from what you downloaded before. So yes, I would use the newer packs, though you certainly don't HAVE to if you don't want to.

Ajbbklyn

Post by Ajbbklyn » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:43 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Erik.
Andy Baum
(nicht der österreichische Musiker)
http://andy-baum.com

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:39 am

the new and updated packs for Live 10 Suite chewed up about another 10GB of space on my main drive. i'm not yet sure if the installers have been orphaned somewhere or not...

chrk

Post by chrk » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:43 am

fishmonkey wrote:the new and updated packs for Live 10 Suite chewed up about another 10GB of space on my main drive. i'm not yet sure if the installers have been orphaned somewhere or not...
10 GB seems about right, I've downloaded them through the website for keeping.

I've been wondering where the browser downloads the .alps to. Mayb you find them and give us a hint.

chrk

Post by chrk » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:17 am

chrk wrote:I've been wondering where the browser downloads the .alps to. Mayb you find them and give us a hint.
Found it myself, on Windows it's c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Ableton\Cache\PackDownloads\