Logic Pro 9 question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spagbol

Logic Pro 9 question

Post by spagbol » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:44 am

Hi.
In an attempt to start to reconfigure my Studio setup, I loaded up Logic Pro 9 for the first time in ages, as i would like to start using it again.
But........i have a problem and Im really hoping that someone here can help me out.....
When Logic 9 loads up it hangs on the loading screen trying to find Apple: AUNetReceive.

Now, I can start up Logic without the Audio Engine (holding down Ctrl when clicking the icon).
I try running Audio Units Manager from within Logic, but it doesn't open.

{Edit 1: i can now open Audio Units Manager, even with Audio Engine disabled:/
So that picked up a bunch of Plug-ins that i can't run, and they are now disabled.
Then it started to come back to me as to when this problem i think started to occur, and it had something to do with NI Guitar Rig.....so I've disabled all NI AU also. ill try n run again and see what happens.}

{Edit 2: OK i have Sound on the Demo track. But if i close Logic, and try to open it up again, it freezes again on AUNetReceive}.

{Edit 3: Weird as......so I have managed to get the Midi Clock sound, but i have to open Logic holding CTRL, then I have to open AU Manager. Then i have to goto Pref, disable audio, Apply Changes, Enable Audio, Apply Changes, and then i get my Midi Clock.}

If i try to change the Audio Output without doing the above to use built in, i get spinny beach balls.

I can use Garageband without a problem, same thing with Final Cut Pro and SoundtrackPro.
But MainStage doesnt load, also sticks at Apple:AUNetReceive.

At this point I am stuck as what to do. BUT I WILL NOT BE "BEAT"EN.....hahha

Ive tried searching online for some kind of an answer, I've trashed the Cache files, moved my AU components to desktop, trashed plist files. Nothing seems to work.

Any help in getting Logic back up and running or any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by spagbol on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 8 times in total.
...not having a mid-life crisis....just don't give a fuck about shit i don't give a fuck about anymore.....

OLO

Re: Logic Pro 9 question

Post by OLO » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:09 am

Find this,
AuNetRecive appears to be broken in Sierra 10.12.3 and later.
https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/view ... p?t=131506

Maybe Apple can tell you more.
good luck

spagbol

Post by spagbol » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:21 am

Not on Sierra, on El Capitan.
Not on LPX, on LP9.

But I have found the AU components through Audio Hijack in System/Libray/Componants, so if i want to disable them, how do i do that considering they are CoreAudio components?

So, why aint Logic finding that?

Audio Hijack found it....weird.
...not having a mid-life crisis....just don't give a fuck about shit i don't give a fuck about anymore.....

EnjoyRC

Post by EnjoyRC » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:41 pm

Are you aware this is an Ableton Live Forum?
MacBook Pro (MacOS 13.0.1) i9 Processor, 32gb RAM, 4tb SSD
(STUDIO I/O) MOTU UltraLite mk5 (w/ADA8200), (LIVE I/O) Behringer X Air XR18
Ableton Live Suite 11 (Live performances), Studio One 5 (Studio Stem Creation)

spagbol

Post by spagbol » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Should it really matter?
Im also an Ableton user.
Im sure there are people here with loads of experience who use more than one DAW, and as im registered here and this is the Music and Audio production thread (with the subtitle: Music and Audio Production
Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live - which you obviously haven't spent the time to read) it seems like a good place to start.