User Remote Script has stopped working (Live 10.0.1 Trial)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
UnderwaterSunlight

User Remote Script has stopped working (Live 10.0.1 Trial)

Post by UnderwaterSunlight » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:20 pm

I use a well-maintained M-Audio Axiom Advanced (MK II) via USB with Live 10.0.1 trial.
Today, all of a sudden in the middle of a session the User Remote Script seemingly stopped working.
Notes are still transmitted to Live from my Axiom, but I can't use the Axiom buttons to arm or disarm tracks, for example.

I checked and in the path for User Remote Scripts on my system drive it looked intact.

I then hooked up my Axiom via Standard MIDI cable, enabled the MIDI port in Live, disabled USB and restarted the app. Still no User Remote Script functionality. Only MIDI notes work.

What is going on here?
Apple MacBook Air M2 (2022), 24 GB RAM, 1TB internal SSD, MacOS 12 Monterey (up-to-date), Ableton 11 Standard (up-to-date), NI Komplete 14, Steinberg UR22 mkII

UnderwaterSunlight

All is well again !!!

Post by UnderwaterSunlight » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:53 pm

I just found out my Axiom was having problems.

After I switched it off and on again and then set it to the correct preset, the erratic behavior came to an end.
I found out it must be my controller because in Live 9 the same happened.

So, from time to time the MIDI/USB controller may act up, necessitating a restart of it (at least no need to reboot the computer in that case).
Apple MacBook Air M2 (2022), 24 GB RAM, 1TB internal SSD, MacOS 12 Monterey (up-to-date), Ableton 11 Standard (up-to-date), NI Komplete 14, Steinberg UR22 mkII

Tarekith

Re: User Remote Script has stopped working (Live 10.0.1 Trial)

Post by Tarekith » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:31 pm

Thanks for letting us know how you fixed it.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com