Ableton 10 BUG - AL10 won't let me drag in Maschine patterns

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Doktor RyConn

Ableton 10 BUG - AL10 won't let me drag in Maschine patterns

Post by Doktor RyConn » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:07 am

I'm not sure if there is a more appropriate place to talk about Live 10 bugs but the very first thing I tried to do in Live 10, I can't.

I'm attempting to export audio loops from Maschine running as a plugin in Live 10 by dragging them into an audio clip slot on the session view. (like I always have done and still can do with Live 9)

When I try to do this in Live 10, I get a "NO" symbol as my cursor when I try to drag it on to an audio clip slot. (like a "no smoking" sign without the cigarette)

While messing around with my mouse, I discovered that it will display the cursor as a normal clip dropping cursor icon but only sometimes, in some spots, for certain audio tracks, but not others. :x

- BUT

When I let go of my mouse clicker, instead of loading it into the Live 10 audio clip, where it looks like it's going to let you drop it, it just dumps it as an export on my desktop.

- ALSO

I had an experience where I had to point my cursor WAY off to the right of where I wanted to drop the clip.

What I mean is, while your dragging the clip, you can see the faded clip outline while dragging it around session view - the mouse cursor is not synchronized with the clip that is being dragged. It's not even close!!

- but in this one-off case, it did load the audio clip into the clip slot that the faded clip outline was showing on - instead of dumping the clip as an export on my desktop. (even though my mouse cursor was in a different time zone when I dropped the clip into the live set)

So, really one HUGE issue for me with Live 10 right from the start:

Live 10 will not allow me to drag Maschine patterns into ANY clip slot and it has felt very glitchy to use.

amigo

Re: Ableton 10 BUG - AL10 won't let me drag in Maschine patterns

Post by amigo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:27 pm

This works fine for me in Live 10. It is something I did a lot in Live 9 and my first project in Live 10 had Maschine as a plug in and I could easily drag from Maschine to Live, on existing audio tracks and to where there was no existing track. The audio track was added as expected and the clip inserted.

The only thing I did find odd was that when I wanted to change the imported clips tempo it would not recognise that I had clicked on it. I had to click on another clip and then go back to the one I wanted to change and then it worked as normal and I could change the clips tempo.

Doktor RyConn

Post by Doktor RyConn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:55 pm

amigo wrote:This works fine for me in Live 10. It is something I did a lot in Live 9 and my first project in Live 10 had Maschine as a plug in and I could easily drag from Maschine to Live, on existing audio tracks and to where there was no existing track. The audio track was added as expected and the clip inserted.

The only thing I did find odd was that when I wanted to change the imported clips tempo it would not recognise that I had clicked on it. I had to click on another clip and then go back to the one I wanted to change and then it worked as normal and I could change the clips tempo.
Hey - thanks for sharing that info. Last night, I was able to drag one in audio clip from Maschine. After that I kept getting the no symbol every time I tried to drag a clip in. This is for both session view and arrangement view actually. I emailed support about this but I’m sure it will be a while before I get a reply, as they are probably getting bombarded with bug reports right now.

Anyone else having issue dragging in Maschine clips to L10?
-- Dok RyConn --

kb420

Post by kb420 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:52 pm

I do this all of the time with Maschine and Live, and I haven't had any problem like this at all. You mentioned that you open Maschine as a Plugin in Live. I don't do that. I open Maschine in standalone mode, and make sure that Live's tempo and Maschine's tempo are the same. Then, I drag and drop audio in to Live. I do the same thing with Cubase, and Studio One 3 too.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Doktor RyConn wrote:
amigo wrote:This works fine for me in Live 10. It is something I did a lot in Live 9 and my first project in Live 10 had Maschine as a plug in and I could easily drag from Maschine to Live, on existing audio tracks and to where there was no existing track. The audio track was added as expected and the clip inserted.

Hey - thanks for sharing that info. Last night, I was able to drag one in audio clip from Maschine. After that I kept getting the no symbol every time I tried to drag a clip in. This is for both session view and arrangement view actually. I emailed support about this but I’m sure it will be a while before I get a reply, as they are probably getting bombarded with bug reports right now.

This happened to me once on PC, just run Ableton as adminstrator and all good.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Doktor RyConn

Post by Doktor RyConn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:04 pm

Mark Williams wrote:
Doktor RyConn wrote:

This happened to me once on PC, just run Ableton as adminstrator and all good.
I have not tried doing that yet. I will test it out once I get home in a few hours and report back?

Are you referring to the Ableton Live 10 update, that this solution worked for you? Just curious, as you said you’ve done this in the past and the update is still fairly new. Thanks a ton!!!
-- Dok RyConn --

Doktor RyConn

Post by Doktor RyConn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:58 am

amigo wrote: The only thing I did find odd was that when I wanted to change the imported clips tempo it would not recognise that I had clicked on it. I had to click on another clip and then go back to the one I wanted to change and then it worked as normal and I could change the clips tempo.
ugh YES! - This is in fact happening here for me as well. Unlike in Live 9, when you click on the "Seg. BPM" value, it will not let you change the value until you select another clip and then go back to the original clip OR if you un-warp and then re-warp the clip again, you can adjust the "Seg. BPM"

Pretty simple things have gotten sloppy. I'm praying for some fixes ASAP!!!!
-- Dok RyConn --

Doktor RyConn

Post by Doktor RyConn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:04 am

This happened to me once on PC, just run Ableton as adminstrator and all good
This fixed half of my problem. But it fixed the half that was worth so --

THANK YOU

When I run Ableton Live 10 as administrator on Windows 10, it is now allowing me to drop in clips from the Maschine plugin instead of giving me the "NO" symbol.

The issue with the mouse cursor being totally out of sync with dragging clip on the session and arrangement view still stands.
-- Dok RyConn --

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:01 pm

From the latest beta release notes:
"- Dragging items from the browser fails to drop accurately when HighDPI is enabled and / or zoom setting is above 100. You can avoid this by disabling Zooming or Disabling HighDPI"

Does it help?
Ableton Forum Moderator

Doktor RyConn

Post by Doktor RyConn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:49 pm

[jur] wrote:From the latest beta release notes:
"- Dragging items from the browser fails to drop accurately when HighDPI is enabled and / or zoom setting is above 100. You can avoid this by disabling Zooming or Disabling HighDPI"

Does it help?
I will try this after work today. Although, dragging clips right from live 10’s browser hasn’t given me any issues but maybe it is a related issue. Thank you! Updates to come..
-- Dok RyConn --

Doktor RyConn

Post by Doktor RyConn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:51 pm

I just got an email reply from Ableton support. I am also going to attempt this later as well:

This problem should be fixed in the beta of Live 10 and therefore in the next release version of Live. However, you may also want to fix this with a workaround in the current installation:

Open Live
Go to the Plug-Ins section in the browser
Right-click on the plug-in (e.g. Maschine) and deselect Auto-Scale Plugin Window:

??(Ableton support included a screenshot here)

Let me know in case this does not work!
-- Dok RyConn --

allanaceflyer

Post by allanaceflyer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:35 pm

same problem in toontrack superior drummer and ez drummer this fix works for moment
thanks

Doktor RyConn

Post by Doktor RyConn » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:04 pm

[jur] wrote:From the latest beta release notes:
This absolutely worked.

I just had to disable High DPI in Preferences > Look/Feel.

I can still zoom without any problems. I was dragging clips accurately with up to 150% zoom on and the clip was synced up to my mouse cursor and now I'm not getting the "NO" symbol.

A pop-up told me I had to restart Live 10 for changes to take affect. Once I restarted live, my clips were dragging out of Maschine, aligned with my mouse cursor perfectly. Thank you, jur! I am stoked to get this working in Live 10.
-- Dok RyConn --