Push Vs Novation

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
phototrak4207

Push Vs Novation

Post by phototrak4207 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:54 am

Ok so here's the issue. I updated from Ableton Live 9 lite (that came with a novation keyboard), to Live 10 Standard. I don't know much about music theory (pretty much nothing TBH) but am loving Ableton 10. Using the effects, grouping etc.

So anyway, to update to live Suite plus a Push 2 = $1500 Aus
To update from Standard to Suite with a Launchkey Pro = $900

Is it worth the extra to have the push 2, or does the Launchkey pro have a nice "in Key" mode for keys, pads and basses?

Polyhedron

Re: Push Vs Novation

Post by Polyhedron » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:53 pm

I own a push 2 and I´m currently working with Ableton 9 Suite (not 10 - I´m not very professional, and I don´t even understand the new features :lol: ).
I really enjoy working with my push 2, even for a person like me who doesn´t even get the gist of Ableton. It´s very intuitive and is extremly good for performing somewhere. Editing is fine, and the built-in full color display really helps keeping track of the values you entered. Because the 64 pads on the push are touch sensitive, I can make sounds more "heavy" than others, which saves a lot of time.
In my opinion, you should go with the push 2. If you only want to have some flashing lights and performance features, go with the launchpad.
Password incorrect

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:40 pm

Push2 and Ableton Live (suite) are a full size team which operates very good together. Escpecially of course in session view.

I work with the Live 10 suite and push2 and really love it, would not want the other package with the novation.....
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Lp pro does have a scale mode in the latest firmware update. I use a lp pro and touchable. I dont own a push. The screen on the push 2 gives it an edge over the lp pro and it has a wealth of features that the lp pro doesnt,but adding an ipad with touchable gives me plenty of control and visual feedback.the question is.. can you afford to pay extra to avoid using the laptop screen and keyboard?