Anyone else having trouble authenticating trial with server?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Nokatus

Anyone else having trouble authenticating trial with server?

Post by Nokatus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:20 pm

The Live 10 Trial worked fine for days over here, but at the moment it can't authenticate with the ableton server. It's been like this since yesterday. Anyone else having this problem?

It's not a firewall mishap, there have been no changes to the system, and I can verify the connection is going out like it should. It seems like it's either a server side thing, or a temporary network connection problem.

Note that the error dialog is different if Live can't connect to the server at all. Here's the error if I deliberately block access: "Live could not connect to ableton.com"

But this is the error I'm currently having a problem with: "Secure connection to server failed"

This happens even if I completely disable the firewall and make sure absolutely all network traffic goes out, from anything. Also, I repeat, it worked for days completely without a hitch.

The way things are going, though, I'm quite sure I'm going to be updating to a full license in the next couple of days :P, so this isn't such a big deal, but anyway, can't save anything in Live 10 at the moment, that's a slight bummer.

Nokatus

Re: Anyone else having trouble authenticating trial with server?

Post by Nokatus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:38 pm

Eh, after doing this for about a day (also a moment ago, when I took those screenshots...) it started working again now :D, didn't do a thing.

egefeyzioglu

Post by egefeyzioglu » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:41 am

I am having the same issue. If anyone else found a solution or have troubleshooting steps, please share them.

I tried a reboot, I turned off my firewall.
Issue started after I booted into safe mode for something, I'm not sure if this is related.
Currently backing up project to try a reinstall -will update on how it goes.

Edit: The reinstall solved the issue.

JAY123R4

Post by JAY123R4 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:09 pm

No way! I've recently had this same issue too. I was using it fine, then made a mistake so the programme crashed. Ever since then it won't authenticate and I was mid-way through my band's demo tracks. Such a bummer now I have to put it on the back burner until it works again.

I've sent the crash error reports via email, tried clearing the cache of my web browser and uninstalling and reinstalling the trial too. Still no improvement.

If anyone can help I'd be super grateful!

EDIT: It is just my luck. As soon as I tried again after posting this, it is now working again. Very strange. Still needs someone to look into it and find out what is going wrong! 8O

teasey21

Post by teasey21 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:31 pm

Okay so I had the same issue but seem to have sorted it out.

Basically you got to options_preferences_licenses maintenance and you will see an error message at the top.
Click on that error message and it brings you back to ableton.com. I clicked activate Ableton Live 10 trial and it just reopened what I already had without the authentication error. Picking up where I had left off.

Hope that works for anyone who has the same issue.

goktugeren

Post by goktugeren » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:37 am

I just solved this problem driving me mad. Go to Preferences and Licence maintenance. Dont click verify, click the buttom something about LESSON in the same box. Than on the right window you will see the website link. Click on it and the problem will be solved :wink:

CharlieN

Post by CharlieN » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:00 am

goktugeren wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:37 am
I just solved this problem driving me mad. Go to Preferences and Licence maintenance. Dont click verify, click the buttom something about LESSON in the same box. Than on the right window you will see the website link. Click on it and the problem will be solved :wink:
What version of Ableton 10 are you using Trial or paid version , because in the trial version there isn`t any option to verify or other options except for a link to activate a limited time license, which for me personally it doesn`t work .

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:31 am

@CharlieN

Did you try re-installing as mentioned by someone above?
Ableton Forum Moderator

CharlieN

Post by CharlieN » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:07 pm

[jur] wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:31 am
@CharlieN

Did you try re-installing as mentioned by someone above?
I re-install 3 times , tried 4 browsers with cleard cache , i tried every suggestion from Ableton Knowledge Base, every time i get the message "Secure connection to server failed".
Don`t know what else to do but wait maybe it`s a server issue, hopefully.

MusicbyDblake

Post by MusicbyDblake » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:06 am

goktugeren wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:37 am
Thank You. :D
This actually Worked :P

bustacrimes

Post by bustacrimes » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:44 am

I have this problem too still, all the solutions above dont work. If additional info for anyone, I was connected to VPN for work and then it worked. But now, I have to always be connected to VPN for it work, when I disconnect, then I go back to the same problem.

It's keeping me from purchasing a real license, because I don't want to have to be connected to a VPN to use this.

bustacrimes

Post by bustacrimes » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:06 pm

I solved my issue, probably rare for most, but in case it helps someone. I had a proxy set in my environment variables under HTTP and HTTPS that was routing through my work. I don't know how it was ever set, probably a work script, but it was unnecessary and when I removed it, this worked.

luanfreires

Post by luanfreires » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:20 pm

Same problem here. Anyone knows what can possibly be done? I've tried different browsers and checked the firewall already.

Ferdik

Post by Ferdik » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:22 pm

Having same problem! Tried the Trial for 3 days and now I "can't verify your trial license. Please check your internet connection and retry". What a piece of junk this is!

aleymeow

Post by aleymeow » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:12 pm

Has anyone solved this? nothing seems to work, I've tried all of the above solutions