Korg micro and Kontrol 49 users keep the faith !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jasefos

Post by jasefos » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:54 am

*** bump ***

Don't want to see this thread disappear from the front page just yet ...

Cheers
JaseFOS

-Live10.1 |Push2|Maschinemk2|KeyLab61|LaunchPad|MCUpro|MCExt|MCExt|iPad2|TouchABLE2
-Mac Pro 5.1 (dual hex core Xeon 3.46gHz, 28Gb RAM) running MacOS 10.13.6
-Universal Audio Apollo Quad (firewire)
-SHITLOADS OF HARDWARE SYNTHS

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:42 am

I feel a bad case of acne coming on... bump bump bump...

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:56 am

jasefos wrote:*** bump ***

Don't want to see this thread disappear from the front page just yet ...

Cheers
This is unethical manipulation

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:19 pm

Yes! is my vote.

I have a microKONTROL and have experienced its Natvie Mode with Logic. It's very nice to read Logic's track names, synth patches etc in the mK's fader displays and to being able to navigate Logic's transport as well as sampler/synth parameters from the mK's drum pads.

It's easy to kick the mK out of native mode with a certain button press combination, so it will still be possible to use the Korg outside Natvie Mode, when the situation calls for that.
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com

tekkers

Post by tekkers » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:29 pm

yes native mode would be very nice - hopefully implimented before live 6!

8O

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:12 pm

Per Boysen wrote:Yes! is my vote.

I have a microKONTROL and have experienced its Natvie Mode with Logic. It's very nice to read Logic's track names, synth patches etc in the mK's fader displays and to being able to navigate Logic's transport as well as sampler/synth parameters from the mK's drum pads.

It's easy to kick the mK out of native mode with a certain button press combination, so it will still be possible to use the Korg outside Natvie Mode, when the situation calls for that.
When I first installed Logic 7.1 my microkontrol was in full native mode, but now everytime I load up I get all sorts of error messages about it. I still have use of the keys but that is it. If anyone you or anyone has any suggestions or links on this please PM me!.

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:12 pm

LOFA wrote:When I first installed Logic 7.1 my microkontrol was in full native mode, but now everytime I load up I get all sorts of error messages about it. I still have use of the keys but that is it. If anyone you or anyone has any suggestions or links on this please PM me!.
'couplaideas out-a-top-of-head...

In Logic try: "Logic / Preferences / Control Surfaces / Setup..." If there is a microKONTROL symbol in that window, delete it and restart Logic with the mK connected and turned on.
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:41 pm

Thank you, I will try it!

illsub1

Post by illsub1 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:08 pm

Another yes vote here!!!!!! It will be so great to control operator fx devices mixer just by clicking on the device!! I am eager with anticipation. I think it is now not a matter of if but when. Thank you for your diligint efforts Ableton it is much appreciated You guys continue to amaze me each day.

jamief

Post by jamief » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:13 pm

Native mode for moi sil vous plait :D

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:58 pm

Native mode with microkontrol would be amazing with operator, as it would enable some seriously deep, on-the-fly solo-overdub magic. Können Sie mir helfen, bitte? (I love google)

I do enjoy running multiple instances of operator simultaneously, where I will individualy tweak the tone, time, spread ( :roll: ), and resonator knobs invariably between each instance of operator simultaneously. Would native mode interfere with this? This is just a question and does not change my vote of "yay". I plan on eventually
running some fader fox controls for this specific purpose anyway.

OT: Have you guys ever had bears with the Faderfox cat's? The equipment seems specifically used to work with live, but they are totally reserving themselves from the US market. After all the raving I have read about them, I am bewildered by their limited range of distribution.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:00 pm

I use one with Live :D
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Cache

Post by Cache » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:44 pm

native mode, please for LIVE!!!!

Nev

Post by Nev » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:31 am

YES PLEASE!

and could you make it quick, because I keep thinking about selling my MicroKontrol, (the keys are a bit small for my fat stumpy fingers and I got myself a lovely little faderfox!). :wink:

Nev

autoy

Post by autoy » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:04 pm

Nev wrote: and could you make it quick, because I keep thinking about selling my MicroKontrol...

Nev
C'mon, give them a break, they're just finishing v.5.0. Let's just hope this one make it to the 5.x interations. Don't sell yours just yet, there could be several hosts supporting native mode in the near future, it's quite a requested feature in all places.