nativeKONTROL - ClyphX Pro - OUT NOW!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
S4racen

nativeKONTROL - ClyphX Pro - OUT NOW!

Post by S4racen » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:12 pm

ClyphX Pro is a deceptively simple scripting language for music producers and performers who use Ableton Live 9.7 or later that allows for easy control and manipulation of virtually every aspect of a Live Set in highly useful and interesting ways.

Discover the next level of control over Ableton Live 9 and 10. No matter how you use Live, ClyphX Pro offers features that you’ll find indispensable on stage, in the studio and beyond.

With ClyphX Pro, you can easily:

- Control virtually every aspect of your Live Sets using simple words or phrases (called Actions).
- Trigger Actions in ways that suit your workflow – from Session View Clips, Arrangement View Locators, MIDI Controllers or Max for Live Devices.
- Store and recall Snapshots of Tracks, Devices or your entire Set.
- Automate Scale Settings and other features of Push/Push 2 and Arsenal-powered Control Surface scripts.
- Extend the functionality of other Control Surface scripts.

ClyphX Pro also includes:

- A component (called Macrobat) that adds new functionality to Live Racks.
- Script Linking that can link up to 6 Control Surface scripts together in various ways.
- Premade Max for Live Devices that allow for new functionality such as sequencing Actions from MIDI Clips.
- Tight integration with an array of other nativeKONTROL products.
- Live Lessons and example Sets to get you up and running quickly.

ClyphX Pro is now available exclusively from Isotonik Studios

LAUNCH VIDEO - https://vimeo.com/255624759

MORE DETAILS - https://isotonikstudios.com/product/clyphx-pro/

Stromkraft

Re: nativeKONTROL - ClyphX Pro - OUT NOW!

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:34 am

Anyone that found the time to test, please share. I'm especially interested in CPU usage of the different parts.
Make some music!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:07 am

Any part in particular? It's a script so really doesn't have CPU usage....

Cheers
D

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:17 am

S4racen wrote:Any part in particular? It's a script so really doesn't have CPU usage....

Cheers
D
Well, the Premade Max for Live Devices was my first thought. Obviously scripts can use some CPU depending on circumstances, but I imagine that would be in conjunction with something else, like a device, and not noticeably on its own.
Make some music!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:23 am

Triggering an action on every beat in the CLyphX Pro Note Triggers Lesson runs at 3% on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Cheers
D

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:44 am

S4racen wrote:Triggering an action on every beat in the CLyphX Pro Note Triggers Lesson runs at 3% on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Thanks for sharing!
Make some music!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:27 pm

Not a problem!

Cheers
D

ark

Post by ark » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:26 pm

I hope you don’t mind my asking this question rather than digging through the manual, because it would take me a while to learn enough to know whether the manual would answer my question. So...

One feature I have wanted in Live for a long time (and have been asking Ableton for since Live 6 to no avail) is the ability to launch a clip at a time that is offset from a quantization interval. For example, it is easy (without ClyphX) for me to create a clip that can be launched only at beat 1 of a bar. However, I do not know how to create a clip that can be launched only at beat 3 of a bar, and that is what I would like to know if ClyphX can do.

Let me be more specific about what I want: I want to be able to arrange that when I launch a particular clip, it will wait until N beats after the most recent quantization level and then launch the clip, taking over if necessary from the clip that was currently playing.

Does ClyphX offer a way to do this?

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:48 pm

ark wrote:I want to be able to arrange that when I launch a particular clip, it will wait until N beats after the most recent quantization level and then launch the clip, taking over if necessary from the clip that was currently playing.

While you're waiting for the answer I'd like to mention that clip launch quantization can be set for 1, 2, 4, or 8 bars on the clip itself. This is clip specific though. It would be nice to have a one-off modification done when launching, like holding down a modifier key and the number of bars when starting the the clip, and the next clip would default to the previous setting.

You can of course modify global launch quantization on the fly, but then you have to undo this after starting to get other settings.
Make some music!

ark

Post by ark » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:18 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
While you're waiting for the answer I'd like to mention that clip launch quantization can be set for 1, 2, 4, or 8 bars on the clip itself.
I do know that--but that's not what I want.

I want to be able to guarantee that a clip will always launch, say, 3 beats into a bar.

hps909

Post by hps909 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:52 pm

ark wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:
While you're waiting for the answer I'd like to mention that clip launch quantization can be set for 1, 2, 4, or 8 bars on the clip itself.

I want to be able to guarantee that a clip will always launch, say, 3 beats into a bar.

set the desired delay from the one with silence then your clip will always launch on the desired interval
macbook pro 2.5 i5 os 10.12 , TC Electronik Konnekt 48, Live 9, Cubase 9, event 20/20, Waldorf Blofeld, roland tb-03, roland Jx-03, korg mikrokontrol, novation nocturn, akai lpd8

ark

Post by ark » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:02 pm

hps909 wrote:
ark wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:

set the desired delay from the one with silence then your clip will always launch on the desired interval
No, that won't work because it will silence the clip previous playing at the beginning of the bar rather than at the instance that the new clip is launched.

metastatik

Post by metastatik » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:33 am

ark wrote:Let me be more specific about what I want: I want to be able to arrange that when I launch a particular clip, it will wait until N beats after the most recent quantization level and then launch the clip, taking over if necessary from the clip that was currently playing.

Not directly. AFAIK, it isn't possible for anything to modify how Live handles the launching of a clip when you launch it directly, either via the clip itself or via scene launching. However, it is possible to provide a different way of controlling the launching of a clip and ClyphX Pro is capable of that in a variety of ways.

In the simplest case, you can use a control clip (referred to as an X-Clip in ClyphX Pro) to launch your target clip. The X-Clip would have its loop turned off and have a length of N – 2 beats. The name of the X-Clip would be:
[] d : "My Track"/playq 1/4 "My Clip"

The result here would be that "My Clip" would be launched N beats after the X-Clip started playing regardless of what quantization settings you were using.

Here's a quick rundown of what the X-Clip name means:
  • The [] is what makes the clip an X-Clip.
  • The d is short for dummy and does nothing as here we don't want to do anything when the X-Clip starts playing.
  • The : indicates that everything that follows it should be performed when the X-Clip stops playing.
  • "My Track"/playq 1/4 "My Clip" means launch the clip named "My Clip" that exists on "My Track" using 1/4 note quantization.
So that's one way to accomplish it. Personally though, I would use the M4L device that is included with ClyphX Pro that allows you to trigger ClyphX Pro actions via notes in a MIDI clip. That approach offers a better visual of what's going on.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:20 pm

First Review is in for ClyphX Pro!

5 Stars - ndebello (verified owner) – February 27, 2018

I use a Push2, two Xone K2 and a Launch Control. And I *DO* write code. But I must admit that ClyphXPro is unbelievably useful. And like all the truly great tools, the outcome is greater than the sum of its parts. I mean: you cannot imagine up-front what you can obtain with its bricks. You always discover new ways of doing things while working with it. That said, on the other hand, there are also many basic functionalities which I love a lot_ For example, I added a PUSH2 Display Message to almost all of my mappings, because being able to actually READ what it’s going on while you play is simply great! Well done indeed!

Cheers
D

Coupe70

Post by Coupe70 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:12 pm

Does this mean normal ClyphX is now discontinued?
And is there a feature comparison available?
Normal ClyphX seemed quite complete to me and 39 Euros is not really cheap...
Phongemeinschaft (Live-ElectroJazz / NuJazz)
Homepage - youtube - Like! :-)
Live 9 (32Bit), HP DV7, i5 2,53GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win7 (64Bit)