[Time Sensitive] need help restoring auth for Live 9

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
soundsliketree

[Time Sensitive] need help restoring auth for Live 9

Post by soundsliketree » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:18 am

I'm in a bit of a bind and I'm hoping someone can help.

I'm having CPU issues in Live 10 (got an email thread going with tech support), so I need to start a project in Live 9 *tomorrow*.

The problem is, somehow in doing all the procedures Ableton tech support was suggesting to try and solve my L10 problem, I must have broken my L9 authorization. When I try to reauthorize L9 via the dialog box that appears when I start L9, it goes online to the website and then launches L10 (!) so I can't authorize L9. I've also tried the "offline method" to no avail.

I haven't emptied the trash yet, so if anyone could help me replace the right authorization file in the right place - and thus get me a working copy of L9, I would be able to start my new project and all will be well.

Thanks in advance to anyone who gives this any thought.
Your attention and help is appreciated.

Stromkraft

Re: [Time Sensitive] need help restoring auth for Live 9

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:51 am

soundsliketree wrote:I'm in a bit of a bind and I'm hoping someone can help.

I'm having CPU issues in Live 10 (got an email thread going with tech support), so I need to start a project in Live 9 *tomorrow*.

The problem is, somehow in doing all the procedures Ableton tech support was suggesting to try and solve my L10 problem, I must have broken my L9 authorization. When I try to reauthorize L9 via the dialog box that appears when I start L9, it goes online to the website and then launches L10 (!) so I can't authorize L9. I've also tried the "offline method" to no avail.
Make an archive of the Live 10 app and trash the original. Then Live 10 cannot open.
Make some music!

soundsliketree

Re: [Time Sensitive] need help restoring auth for Live 9

Post by soundsliketree » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:50 pm

Your solution was elegantly simple, and it worked!

Many thanks.