Capture in Live 10 - Tell Us About Your Uses

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Fontwell

Capture in Live 10 - Tell Us About Your Uses

Post by Fontwell » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:47 am

With Live 10, Ableton introduced the 'Capture' feature.

As one who once used, and was always frustrated by, the 'Retrospective Record' function in Cubase Professional, I always believed that Ableton could do much better. And they have!

As a composer/improviser/extemporiser, Capture for me is a huge benefit when scoring.

Depending on use and subject matter, I have keyboard zones/splits which enable me to improvise two separate tracks/instruments at the same time.
Whether creating beats, bass or pads Capture has a lot more to give. I don't use Push, but Capture with Push might well be very appealing.

I'd be very interested to know what others are finding uses for Capture. There doesn't appear to be much mention of its use and function on the forum.
Ableton Live 10 Standard + Max-For-Live + Sampler.

* Windows 10
* 12 Core CPU 64 GB Ram.
* Thunderbolt 2 MOTU Audio Interface.

* UAD2 + Vienna Instruments and large library of VST Instruments

Cuica man

Re: Capture in Live 10 - Tell Us About Your Uses

Post by Cuica man » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:22 pm

There’s not much talk about it because we are all busy making music with 10. I love the new capture feature and use way more than I thought I would

Fontwell

Re: Capture in Live 10 - Tell Us About Your Uses

Post by Fontwell » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:23 am

Cuica man wrote:There’s not much talk about it because we are all busy making music with 10. I love the new capture feature and use way more than I thought I would
Yes indeed.

For me it is a dream that has been realised - at last.
Ableton Live 10 Standard + Max-For-Live + Sampler.

* Windows 10
* 12 Core CPU 64 GB Ram.
* Thunderbolt 2 MOTU Audio Interface.

* UAD2 + Vienna Instruments and large library of VST Instruments