Help: "Live does not support 46080 as a sample rate"

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
eerolanjanne

Help: "Live does not support 46080 as a sample rate"

Post by eerolanjanne » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:08 pm

I'm using RME Babyface Pro. When I launch Ableton, it doesn't connect to the soundcard. When I try to change my Audio Output Device to RME, I get this dialog:

"Live does not support 46080 as a sample rate for the device Babyface Pro"

Before starting Ableton, the sample rate was 48kHz. After this dialog, it's changed to 46080Hz in RME USB Settings.

Every other audio progam works fine.

So... Wtf? :D

Stromkraft

Re: Help: "Live does not support 46080 as a sample rate"

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:23 pm

eerolanjanne wrote:I'm using RME Babyface Pro. When I launch Ableton, it doesn't connect to the soundcard. When I try to change my Audio Output Device to RME, I get this dialog:

"Live does not support 46080 as a sample rate for the device Babyface Pro"

Before starting Ableton, the sample rate was 48kHz. After this dialog, it's changed to 46080Hz in RME USB Settings.

Every other audio progam works fine.

So... Wtf? :D
Change it back in Fireface and go back to Live prefs and make sure these are the same. What driver version are you using? Are you sure it is compatible with your OS version? If not, go over to RME and download the latest proper version for your OS version.
Make some music!

RhythmM

Post by RhythmM » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:34 pm

Did you ever find a way to resolve this issue? I've just had the same issue start up using an RME UFX+ with Live 10. Worked fine for several months and now all of a sudden every time I go to select the output device in Live it shows my RME sample rate as 128k and gives the error code saying no support. No changes in OS or updates otherwise. Working one week, not the next. I can change the sample rate via the RME but then as soon as I go to select output device it kicks it back to 128k.

In an effort to resolve the issue, I updated the RME drivers but no luck. I have not yet uninstalled and reinstalled Live 10, which may be the next step. For what it's worth, my RME still works fine with Live 9 (not ideal given that all recent sets have been recorded in 10). I've reached out to Ableton support but no reply yet. Thanks for any info.

Kristijonas

Post by Kristijonas » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:53 pm

I had the same issue. Choosing 44.1 kHz in RME Fireface settings did not help. Than I tried to choose 96 kHz in RME Fireface settings and it worked in Live too. After that I could set back to 44.1.
SOUNDPROVOCATION
Check out my new release: "Eccentric Grooves"