How do I remove the vocals from a song in Intro?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Danthewoman

How do I remove the vocals from a song in Intro?

Post by Danthewoman » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:37 pm

So I'm trying to make a parody of this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8kabJkClxg and I already have one of the vocals for the parody and the others are coming in soon. However, I just can't seem to isolate/remove the original vocals. Even worse is that I have Ableton Live 10 Intro, which doesn't have EQ Eight. The closest I've gotten is a combo of EQ Three, all the effects in the Mixing and Mastering section of the Chop & Swing pack, and various auto filters (such as Beat Mosaic.) I think the problem is the song was recorded in the 1970s, LIVE (a.k.a. not a studio recording), but this is the most HQ version of the song I could find (it was ripped straight from the CD) and I want to put the vocals I have over it.

Stromkraft

Re: How do I remove the vocals from a song in Intro?

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Danthewoman wrote:However, I just can't seem to isolate/remove the original vocals.
See some of the responses in the previous discussion "Easiest way to isolate Vocals?".

For an in-depth look see this Sound on Sound article: "Extract Vocals From A Stereo Mix.

That you're in Intro just means you need to bring some third party tools (plug-ins). Hopefully some are free or have demo periods.
Make some music!

Danthewoman

Re: How do I remove the vocals from a song in Intro?

Post by Danthewoman » Mon May 28, 2018 7:50 pm

Well I managed to find PhonicMind.com and it worked.
I am Grid, the last being you will ever see.