Piano Roll To Remember Vertical Zoom

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dancho

Piano Roll To Remember Vertical Zoom

Post by Dancho » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Hello

I far as I am aware there is no way Ableton to remember last vertical zoom in the piano roll when opened a midi clip from the arrangement window.

From the session this in alright midi clips's zoom is always remembered but not from the arrangement.

Is there anyone who might way around this ? it is very inconvenient when there is a long clip every time I have to zoom to see the grid better.

Thank you

Stromkraft

Re: Piano Roll To Remember Vertical Zoom

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:39 pm

Dancho wrote:Hello

I far as I am aware there is no way Ableton to remember last vertical zoom in the piano roll when opened a midi clip from the arrangement window.

From the session this in alright midi clips's zoom is always remembered but not from the arrangement.

Is there anyone who might way around this ? it is very inconvenient when there is a long clip every time I have to zoom to see the grid better.
In Live 10 at least this is because it's the current selection on the timeline that determines the zoom level of the selected clip. As the selection is removed, when you change clip, the zoom is removed with it. I'm not aware of a way to turn this off.

Ableton would have to add a preference for the zoom level to be remembered until a timeline selection is made. I think there are some beta suggestions for clip zoom level.
Make some music!

Dancho

Re: Piano Roll To Remember Vertical Zoom

Post by Dancho » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:41 pm

Thank you for your reply! Ableton team should definitely add an option to keep the zoom fixed and sooner they add it better.