Please HELP me! I cannot record my Arturia “Analog Lab 3.”

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
420bpm

Please HELP me! I cannot record my Arturia “Analog Lab 3.”

Post by 420bpm » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:07 pm

My setup: Macbook Pro with UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop PCI card, OS X - El Capitan Version 10.11.6

When I change “MIDI From” within Ableton’s track to “Arturia Keylab Essential 61 (MIDI In)” I get a lead synth sound blended (combined) with preset chosen in Analog Lab 3 sound in playback mode, and metering shows the sound. In record mode I get only the sound (preset) that I’ve chosen, which is of course preferred, from Analog Lab 3 but there is no metering and nothing gets recorded.

When I switch Ableton’s track back to “2-MIDI” I get only the sound (preset) that I’ve chosen from Analog Lab 3 in playback mode or record mode, and there is no metering and still nothing gets recorded.

Everything else seems to be working to my knowledge but I cannot figure out how to record from Analog Lab 3 / my KEYLAB 61 Essential into Ableton Live 9.

Included is a photo when“MIDI From” within Ableton’s track to “Arturia Keylab Essential 61 (MIDI In)” I get a lead synth sound in playback mode, and metering shows the sound.

wayne.rudd

Re: Please HELP me! I cannot record my Arturia “Analog Lab 3.”

Post by wayne.rudd » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:32 pm

Sounds like maybe you are running the standalone Analog Lab app alongside Live? If you so, you should instead use the VST or AU version of Analog Lab inside Live (from the Plug-ins collection) - you will find everything works better that way.

420bpm

Re: Please HELP me! I am getting two different sounds combined.

Post by 420bpm » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:47 am

Ok, thank you Wayne.Rudd but I’m not not sure if I know how to do that. I think I was doing that. I managed to get it to record but I’m still getting two different sounds combined, which is very annoying. I have Camel / Alchemy installed in Ableton as well and I’m thinking that might be the issue. Oh, and I’m using Ableton 9.7.6..

If necessary I’d like to remove Alchemy / Camel from Ableton but save the files. I don’t know how to do that. :-(