Auto Bpm Analyzer that writes ID tags or to .wav names

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spanktron

Auto Bpm Analyzer that writes ID tags or to .wav names

Post by spanktron » Wed May 02, 2018 10:08 pm

Hello there my fellow music researchers!

This time a bit of topic for Live but still. It`s music baby :-)

I NEED! : -)

I wish for a tool like Mixmeister Bpm analyzer but one that i can throw a list of samples (in this case Breaks from a sample pack)

and in a Dream world scenario it will write the Bpm in the ID tags or something. Better would be if it added the Bpm in the Track-Sample-whatever name.

Even more perfect woud be some App that does this for .wav files.
Meaning it woul be sweet if it added 120Bpm to "Break1.wav" and make it "Break1-120Bpm.wav" or something

But it would be enough to be able to at least do it for mp3 (like the example above) and insert the bpm info into the sample name

Am i wishing for too much? How do you deal with it if you buy an relatively expensive sample pack that has no Bpm info on many rhythmic samples?

Yoga? A smoke and a pancake?

jestermgee

Re: Auto Bpm Analyzer that writes ID tags or to .wav names

Post by jestermgee » Thu May 03, 2018 1:01 am

I don't use sample packs much at all (prefer to make my own) but Wav I do not believe has the required tag headers to write info, hence the Broadcast Wav (BWF) format which you need special software to write to the header.

With MP3 the naming of files with BPM info is simple. First you use software to get the BPM/Key data and write to the file (Mixmeister is one, I just use Serato which has it inbuilt now). Then software such as MP3Tag (windows) can create a filename from any of the tag details so you can construct a mask and batch rename everything if you wanted.