All times are UTC

Post subject: Weird crackle artefact when recording electric guitar
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:08 pm 

So here's my problem on Live 10.

When I record electric guitar, after quite some time weird crackles start to appear in the guitar track. These crackles are NOT due to the recording, the appear after a certain amount of time for seemingly no reason in the track.
This happens ONLY with guitar tracks, so I think it might be a problem with Guitar Rig 5, which I usually use on these tracks.

Sometimes, when I copy the part that crackles to another place in the project, the cracke dissapears, but is still there in the original place. If I move everything a few bars, the sometimes dissappear, but the come back randomly. I realized once, that the crackles came when I tweacked the compressor in the guitar track while playing back the audio.

Anybody expierienced a similar problem?

Post subject: Re: Weird crackle artefact when recording electric guitar
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:38 pm 

j.roemer92 wrote:

No.

Could it be that in those places you have some kind of modulation or automation distorting the audio?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:14 am 

Stromkraft wrote:
j.roemer92 wrote:

No.

Could it be that in those places you have some kind of modulation or automation distorting the audio?

No, I don't. Little update - I record with a Kemper now, no Guitar Rig. Signal sounds totally fine while recording, and while playing back. After a while, the crackle appears again. There are no effects, automation whatsoever involved. Sometimes it disappears for a second, but usually it stays. This ONLY happends with electric guitar recording.. its totally weird.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:02 pm 

I already posted in another thread about it - its the warp function - i had complex mode on, and it doesn't work well with guitars. complex mode was responsible for the crackle.