This VST is not compatible with Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SoldierOfYHV

Re: This VST is not compatible with Live

Post by SoldierOfYHV » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:35 am

This is one of the worse response forums I've ever seen. A bunch of witty intellectual supremacists (nerds) attacking a reasonably frustrated Ableton user with indifferent wordplay! IF you don't know the answer, why post a reply. Is this the emoji for the 'Bird' :!:

cids

Post by cids » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:26 am

Uninstall all Waves plugins and reinstall them by building an offline installer
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:13 am

Ensure you don't have any old waveshells or duplicates on your system
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:58 pm

SoldierOfYHV wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:35 am
This is one of the worse response forums I've ever seen. A bunch of witty intellectual supremacists (nerds) attacking a reasonably frustrated Ableton user with indifferent wordplay! IF you don't know the answer, why post a reply. Is this the emoji for the 'Bird' :!:
Thread is 3 years old there buddy. Not sure you are adding much to the conversation except the same kind of reply you appear to be complaining about so a bit of irony there.

pnyvall

Post by pnyvall » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:27 pm

Hi All - Stumbled upon this thread while running into the same issue myself after updating to Waves V14 today. I figured I would chime in with some useful info since it seems like the thread has gone off the rails...

Updating to V14 necessitated me updating to Live 11.1 and after updating the Live version and running the V14 update I ran into this issue while attempting to load any Live session with a Waves plugin. After messing with it for a while and doing some googling, I actually found nothing useful until I went into the Settings section of Waves Central and ran the Repair function. This corrected the V14 version and removed all the old V13 versions I had in my plugin browser (which I assume were running VST2, hence the error...or at least Live thought they were). The other major bonus to running the Repair function is that it replaced all the old V13 instances of the plugins with V14 in all the groups/chains/presets I had saved! Huuuuge time saver for anyone who has gone through and manually updated these before.

Anyway, hopefully this helps someone who has this same issue in the future and finds this thread.
cheers

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:27 pm

pnyvall wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:27 pm
Anyway, hopefully this helps someone who has this same issue in the future and finds this thread.
Thanks for sharing your findings. Waves system is such a pita.
Ableton Forum Moderator