Suite isn't required for Max for Live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TJotE

Suite isn't required for Max for Live?

Post by TJotE » Sun May 13, 2018 1:38 am

I'm currently on Standard, and don't have all that much interest in all that comes with Suite, but I do have interest in Max for Live.

I just recently noticed that Max for Live is for sale individually on Ableton's site, so dumb question here, but you don't need Suite to use Max for Live? I could just buy it individually and use it with Standard?

Stromkraft

Re: Suite isn't required for Max for Live?

Post by Stromkraft » Sun May 13, 2018 6:31 am

TJotE wrote:I'm currently on Standard, and don't have all that much interest in all that comes with Suite, but I do have interest in Max for Live.

I just recently noticed that Max for Live is for sale individually on Ableton's site, so dumb question here, but you don't need Suite to use Max for Live? I could just buy it individually and use it with Standard?
Yes!

That's what I have now. Everything MFL in Suite comes with the separate MFL license. including Convolution Reverb and so on.
Make some music!

TJotE

Post by TJotE » Sun May 13, 2018 6:25 pm

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking maybe that version was for developers or something.

Hey, I said it was a dumb question. :mrgreen:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue May 15, 2018 9:56 pm

antic604 wrote:Well, the difference between Standard + M4L and Suite is EUR100, which I think is more than worth it for +8 instruments, +15 effects, +60Gb of samples?
Unless obviously you have all of this covered by 3rd party VSTs and sample packs, in which case it makes sense to save EUR100 :)
+1

a lot of people swear by Operator and Drum Racks are pretty great. getting Suite gives you a lot of building blocks... things you might need if you want to use M4L patches that require Suite instruments.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed May 16, 2018 6:56 pm

H20nly wrote:Drum Racks are pretty great.
Yes, I know! Though the "Drum Racks" device is available in every version of Live.

I assume you meant the drum racks that come with Suite?
Make some music!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed May 16, 2018 11:05 pm

i wouldn't know, Live 5 and 6 didn't have them... bought Suite in a box at version 7 and they came with that.

the point was more about having additional components of Live that other M4L devices were built for... not about you following me from post to post to split hairs.

Stromkraft

Re:

Post by Stromkraft » Thu May 17, 2018 5:41 am

H20nly wrote:i wouldn't know, Live 5 and 6 didn't have them... bought Suite in a box at version 7 and they came with that.

the point was more about having additional components of Live that other M4L devices were built for... not about you following me from post to post to split hairs.
Say what? I just wondered what you meant. I haven't criticized you or the content of what you have posted, in any shape or form. Lighten up!
Make some music!