Locking track next to master (or making track view presets)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
danny klim

Locking track next to master (or making track view presets)

Post by danny klim » Tue May 22, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi

I am trying to figure out if there's any way to keep an audio or group track 'locked' next to the master track. I route youtube and itunes into ableton, they output into audio tracks that receive external audio (via loopback). I want to see the levels for these tracks at all times without needing to scroll across my audio tracks. Is this possible?

Also, is there any way to create 'preset' track views. I have an electric drums station, a piano station, and a guitar station in my studio. When i'm at one of these stations, i usually don't want/need to see the tracks for the other stations and they clutter up the UI. Is there any way to simplify the tracks shown into small presets depending on what i'm working with?

Is there any way to do these things w/ ableton or is the only way to do these things to use Max for Live?

Da hand

Re: Locking track next to master (or making track view presets)

Post by Da hand » Tue May 22, 2018 11:10 pm

Hello, for your first question... Return tracks are locked next to the Master track, so you can send your audio to one of those.

mothergarage

Re: Locking track next to master (or making track view presets)

Post by mothergarage » Wed May 23, 2018 8:03 am

danny klim wrote: Also, is there any way to create 'preset' track views. I have an electric drums station, a piano station, and a guitar station in my studio. When i'm at one of these stations, i usually don't want/need to see the tracks for the other stations and they clutter up the UI. Is there any way to simplify the tracks shown into small presets depending on what i'm working with?
You could put each of these in seperate Goups and hide the ones you don't need. and you could drop these groups to your User Library and drag them back in when needed.
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+