Updating To Live 10.0.2

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Gregwaah

Updating To Live 10.0.2

Post by Gregwaah » Sat May 26, 2018 4:34 pm

As 10.0.2 is just around the corner, I remember receiving an email suggesting that I should hold off updating to it.
This only applies to people who have been using the beta versions of Live 10. Is this still the case?

I've pasted the email below, for others who might not have seen it.

Browser Collection bug when updating to Live 10.0.2

Dear Live 10 beta tester,

We discovered a bug that affects Live beta testers who update to the upcoming non-beta version. In order to keep all your color-coded Browser Collections intact, we advise you to avoid updating to Live 10.0.2 at this point.

What’s the problem?

When you switch from any Live 10.0.2 beta version (between 10.0.2 b1 and 10.0.2 b6) to the non-beta version (10.0.2, 10.0.1 or 10.0), colored Browser Collection items can lose their color and disappear from their respective collection.

This only affects items that are part of the Ableton Core Library, as the beta and release versions have their own copy of the Library in different locations.

How can the problem be avoided?

Avoid opening the non-beta version – use only beta versions and let
10.0.2 b6 auto update to 10.0.3 b1.

When will it be fixed?
We expect to deliver a fix early in the 10.0.3 beta phase. When you switch to the 10.0.3 non-beta release in the future, your Browser Collection favorites will remain intact.

We’d like to thank you for being part of our beta testing community, and for working with occasional inconveniences such as this.

All the best,

Your Ableton beta team

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Updating To Live 10.0.2

Post by [jur] » Sat May 26, 2018 5:04 pm

It's only for beta testers. The issue is triggered when switching between release and beta versions.
Ableton Forum Moderator