UVI Falcon bad behavior Live 9

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
murgatroid

UVI Falcon bad behavior Live 9

Post by murgatroid » Wed May 30, 2018 8:27 pm

Using current Live 9 version. Just noticed some patches in one of my Falcon libraries I happened to use was crackling/popping. Also noticed cpu usage jump when it happened. Latency set at 512 so it can't be that. Tried same patches in Logic...no problems. Anyone else?

jestermgee

Re: UVI Falcon bad behavior Live 9

Post by jestermgee » Wed May 30, 2018 11:23 pm

Specific Liver Version?
Operating System?
Audio Interface?
What patches/library in Falcon?
Any useful information at all?

murgatroid

Post by murgatroid » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:33 pm

jestermgee wrote:Specific Liver Version?
Operating System?
Audio Interface?
What patches/library in Falcon?
Any useful information at all?

Didn't think it was that necessary in that some patches misbehaved in Live but not in Logic., so that was my focus.

But if it helps...
Mac OSX Sierra
Komplete Audio 6
In this case it happened to be the Cinematic Shades Library > Basses > Disintegration and several others I tried. However, I just tried again in order to answer you but now just Disintegration's the only one acting up. OK, now 'Heavy Metal'. There was several more the last time. Who knows...maybe its a humidity/day of the week thing...

Haven't explored this with any other library/preset yet.

Thought it may be using an Automap wrapped version or I didn't set the Energy prefs to full on. I don't know if Falcon gives a preference for streaming or loading into memory instead. If so, maybe in Live its more sensitive than in Logic.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:54 am

Didn't think it was that necessary in that some patches misbehaved in Live but not in Logic., so that was my focus.
As someone who worked in support for 12 years, details always help more even when not needed than no details at all.

I cannot assist because I have none of these issues and am on Windows (now I know you are on Mac) but you wont get ANY help from anyone if you don't try and at least paint a basic image of others on what your environment/system is.

What is your actual Live version and computer specs (CPU/Ram/Year) just to complete the picture. Version numbers help others to determine if you are really up to date and will also possibly help users down the road when "the latest" has been and gone.