Record headphone out

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jamief

Record headphone out

Post by jamief » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:50 pm

Anyone got an easy way of recording audition ( samples etc ) / headphone output back into a track on live to record while not using an audio interface device and composing on headphones ( ie not ext hardware laptop only)

wearemindflux

Re: Record headphone out

Post by wearemindflux » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:02 pm

If you want to listen to what you are recording, make sure the monitor mode is in "In or Auto"
Grab your free techno samples here>>>http://bit.ly/2YAS8so

jamief

Post by jamief » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:01 am

Hi thanks. No i want to record what im listening to i.e route the headphone monitor out direct into love track for recording.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:26 am

jamief wrote:Hi thanks. No i want to record what im listening to i.e route the headphone monitor out direct into love track for recording.
I don't think you can tap the cue, which is not the same thing as the headphone monitor just because it can go out there.
Soundflower, if you can get that to work, or Rogue Amoeba's pricey Loopback or maybe even Audinate's Danté Virtual Soundcard (DVS) will probably work sending the audio back into an input.
Make some music!

jamief

Post by jamief » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:58 am

HI Stromkraft yes cue your right. its that baby. Soundflower there is a work around but for the life of me the last time i tried the routing it wouldn't behave.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=183781
Stromkraft wrote:
jamief wrote:Hi thanks. No i want to record what im listening to i.e route the headphone monitor out direct into love track for recording.
I don't think you can tap the cue, which is not the same thing as the headphone monitor just because it can go out there.
Soundflower, if you can get that to work, or Rogue Amoeba's pricey Loopback or maybe even Audinate's Danté Virtual Soundcard (DVS) will probably work sending the audio back into an input.

jamief

Post by jamief » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:01 am

Thanks for these Rogue Amoeba's pricey Loopback or maybe even Audinate's Danté Virtual Soundcard (DVS)

Stromkraft wrote:

arretx

Post by arretx » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:21 am

Soundflower (2CH). Set your computer's output to SoundFlower (2CH). Set Ableton's Input to SoundFlower (2CH). Setup an audio track with the same input settings. Arm the track or set the monitor to IN.

You'll notice latency if you're recording audio from a video...and you need to make sure you increase your buffer to at least 1024 so you don't get crackling.
MacBook Air | Ableton Live 9.7.5 2017-10-02 | Advance 61 Keybaord w/VIP 3.0 | Launchpad Mini | Scarlett Focusrite 18i8 | iPad Pro / OnSong | Allen & Heath QU-32