Exporting Video from Live for Multi-Screen Video - How?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
soundsliketree

Exporting Video from Live for Multi-Screen Video - How?

Post by soundsliketree » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:44 am

Andrew Huang posted this video a few days ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjFPdBujnvw

In it, he grabbed a bunch of misc. youtube videos and assembled a beat from various chunks of the videos. When he plays the beat loop (at 6:40) we see a video that flashes between various split-screen configurations showing the associated video for all of the clips he just used - all perfectly synched.

I'm wondering how this was done. Would it be necessary to make multiple video export renders from Live - each time with different video-content tracks at the top so that they will be the ones to render? Then import these multiple movies into a video editor app as different layers and finish it there?

I would greatly appreciate any insight into this - as well as any leads to web resources about making multi-window split-screen music videos. I'm particularly interested in creative workflow. How to keep track of video taken during recording a project in Live... Can the video of the recording process then be brought into Live so that cut&paste glitching, reversing, warping... would also perform this action to the video...? Stuff like that. I haven't yet found a good place to learn about these things, so any tips would very helpful.

Thanks!

jestermgee

Re: Exporting Video from Live for Multi-Screen Video - How?

Post by jestermgee » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:54 am

all perfectly synched.
Not quite

Samples would have been sequenced in Live, the video would have been done in something like Premier/Vegas/Final Cut/Movie Maker. Not something that Live can do that I am aware of.

soundsliketree

Post by soundsliketree » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 am

Are you suggesting that the glitchy edits were all re-created/re-assembled in the video editor - rather than somehow being able to export these various edits from Live?

EDIT: To be clear, I know that a separate movie editor is involved. My question is whether multi-screen video with intricate edits can be exported from Live so as to spare one having to recreate these edits in the video editor...

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:45 am

soundsliketree wrote:Andrew Huang posted…

I'm wondering how this was done.
Did you think of asking Andrew Huang?
Make some music!

soundsliketree

Post by soundsliketree » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:53 pm

Yes, I asked him in a comment on the YouTube video.