Live 10 Latency

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
EmotiveMusic

Live 10 Latency

Post by EmotiveMusic » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:11 am

Hey guys and gals,

I've been a Live user for a while now. I use it as my primary DAW for scoring everything even though my composer friends want me to switch to Cubase.

With Live 10, I have unmanagable latency. When I open Live 9, it's perfect. My drivers are fine. Hardware is fine. Zero latency in Live 9 and in other Daws. What's interesting is that it feels like more than the 31ms or whatever it shows for driver compensation. I simply cannot play the parts in, so I have to program everything.

I'm a week into this project already, fighting Live 10 the whole way, and I can't open this in Live 9, which is a bit frustrating. I tried 10.0.2 and the beta, but that didn't solve the problem. I read that it might be graphics related, so I assume this is a known issue with Live 10?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this, or do we just need to wait for them to tweak the code?

oratowsky

Re: Live 10 Latency

Post by oratowsky » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:00 am

Do you have delay compensation turned on?

Options > Delay Compensation

EmotiveMusic

Re: Live 10 Latency

Post by EmotiveMusic » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Oh my gosh, I had a sleeping plugin enabled! I use Ozone 8 in my Mastering process and I had it enabled. The plugin was creating a delay across the board. Silly me! :roll: