TouchDAW vs TouchOSC vs ???

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
ciw
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:36 pm
Location: Cardiff, UK

TouchDAW vs TouchOSC vs ???

Post by ciw » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Which is better, TouchDAW, TouchOSC or something else? I'd like to control channel levels and EQ in ableton on PC from an android phone over wifi, so someone can balance our live set from front of house.

Coupe70
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:25 am
Location: Mainz / Germany
Contact:

Re: TouchDAW vs TouchOSC vs ???

Post by Coupe70 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:20 pm

TouchDAW is more like a out-of-the-box template that offers a mixer and some extras for different DAWs.
From what I understand (haven't tested it) it offers more options to connect, but as you wish to connect
via WiFi this is no advantage.
TouchOSC is much more flexible and also very nice to use it on stage.

All available apps (there are some more) will give you more or less direct access to the mixer,
but EQ will be more difficult, because of the many parameters and the fact that all the apps won't
show you a representation of the EQ GUI. Only exception is 'touchable' (iOS only) which will show
you a very nice representation of EQ8.

So it depends on what kind of EQing you want and you will have to build something on your own.
If you only want an EQ8 on the master or EQ3s on the channels, that might be quite easy,
if you want full access to EQ8s on every channel, that might be a lot of work.
Phongemeinschaft (Live-ElectroJazz / NuJazz)
Homepage - youtube - Like! :-)
Live 9 (32Bit), HP DV7, i5 2,53GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win7 (64Bit)

Ubik
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:43 am
Location: Brussels

Re: TouchDAW vs TouchOSC vs ???

Post by Ubik » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:02 am

The new version of touchable ( touchable pro) will be available for Android
http://cdm.link/2018/08/touchable-pro-ableton-live/

Coupe70
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:25 am
Location: Mainz / Germany
Contact:

Re: TouchDAW vs TouchOSC vs ???

Post by Coupe70 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:19 pm

Ubik wrote:The new version of touchable ( touchable pro) will be available for Android
http://cdm.link/2018/08/touchable-pro-ableton-live/
Wow, that's cool!
Also for Windows and compatible with Live9.
Thanks for the heads-up!
Phongemeinschaft (Live-ElectroJazz / NuJazz)
Homepage - youtube - Like! :-)
Live 9 (32Bit), HP DV7, i5 2,53GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win7 (64Bit)

Coupe70
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:25 am
Location: Mainz / Germany
Contact:

Re: TouchDAW vs TouchOSC vs ???

Post by Coupe70 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:08 pm

Coupe70 wrote:
Ubik wrote:The new version of touchable ( touchable pro) will be available for Android
http://cdm.link/2018/08/touchable-pro-ableton-live/
Wow, that's cool!
Also for Windows and compatible with Live9.
Thanks for the heads-up!
Windows 10 only :(
Phongemeinschaft (Live-ElectroJazz / NuJazz)
Homepage - youtube - Like! :-)
Live 9 (32Bit), HP DV7, i5 2,53GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win7 (64Bit)

Ubik
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:43 am
Location: Brussels

Re: TouchDAW vs TouchOSC vs ???

Post by Ubik » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:59 pm

I'm on OS X so iOS version for me

Ubik
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:43 am
Location: Brussels

Re: TouchDAW vs TouchOSC vs ???

Post by Ubik » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:00 pm

Coupe70 wrote:
Coupe70 wrote:
Ubik wrote:The new version of touchable ( touchable pro) will be available for Android
http://cdm.link/2018/08/touchable-pro-ableton-live/
Wow, that's cool!
Also for Windows and compatible with Live9.
Thanks for the heads-up!
Windows 10 only :(
I'm on OS X so iOS version for me...

Post Reply