Ableton issue with Focusrite

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ArsThaProducer

Ableton issue with Focusrite

Post by ArsThaProducer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:33 am

I've been using Ableton for a while now, along with my trusty Scarlett 2i2 Second gen interface, and it has gone incredibly so far. But, recently, there have been issues when trying to listen to, edit, and mix tracks while in the Application. So when the track is playing the sound will completely shut out from both the headphones and Speakers. and the only fix is unplugging and re-plugging the interface, but that is only temporary and the audio will inevitably shut out once again. It has even caused a couple crashes, one of which I reported. I have tried updating both Ableton and The ASIO driver, nothing. Tried adjusting the sound bits to match ableton's, and cant really seem to find someone with the same issue. I am getting desperate and I NEED help and advice. Please and Thank You to whoever can help.

Sincerely
ArseniK

miyaru

Re: ABLETON ISSUE WITH FOCUSRITE

Post by miyaru » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:21 am

First of all - you are using a PC - as you use ASIO drivers. This is vital to mention. What OS do you use Win 10,7,8,8.1?
Have you, or your PC automaticly, updated video drivers for a Nvidia card?

Are your buffersettings OK?

What kind of PC is it? Specs please.....
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

biestyboy

Re: ABLETON ISSUE WITH FOCUSRITE

Post by biestyboy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:26 am

The same thing happens to me with my 2i2 but has only started happening with L10. My work around is by going into the autio settings within Live, selecting another ASIO driver, then selecting the 2i2 again. It's a PITA but not a show stopper. I use a Windows 7 laptop i7.
Live 11 Suite (64 bit)
Windows 10 (64 bit)
Plugins galore
Push

ArsThaProducer

Re: Ableton issue with Focusrite

Post by ArsThaProducer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:01 am

miyaru wrote:First of all - you are using a PC - as you use ASIO drivers. This is vital to mention. What OS do you use Win 10,7,8,8.1?
Have you, or your PC automaticly, updated video drivers for a Nvidia card?

Are your buffersettings OK?

What kind of PC is it? Specs please.....
I'm running windows 10, I'm not sure about the Nvidia Update.

What kind of specs do you want? like Processor? maybe manufacturer?

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:35 am

Maybe processor, ram, ssd's etc...... Just to make shure that we know what we are talking about.....

Have you contacted support from Focusrite, as they are pretty OK with their support. They too can guide you thru the procedures to tackle the problem. I guess it's a driver thing, maybe roll back one version of their driver from the scarlett?

It is difficult to say what it is, it's mostly trail and error!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,

ArsThaProducer

Post by ArsThaProducer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:48 am

miyaru wrote:Maybe processor, ram, ssd's etc...... Just to make shure that we know what we are talking about.....

Have you contacted support from Focusrite, as they are pretty OK with their support. They too can guide you thru the procedures to tackle the problem. I guess it's a driver thing, maybe roll back one version of their driver from the scarlett?

It is difficult to say what it is, it's mostly trail and error!
Processor is an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6 core
16 Gb of RAM
SSD is 128Gb i believe

Haven't contacted focusrite support yet, probably will in the morning.

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:40 pm

Your PC is powerfull enough! I suspect corrupt drivers from Focusrite or still the video drivers/card - good you contact them soon!
Greetings from Miyaru.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:06 pm

Also, this may sound silly, but maybe try a new USB cable, too. Those things can bust from time to time.

ArsThaProducer

Post by ArsThaProducer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:38 pm

miyaru wrote:Your PC is powerfull enough! I suspect corrupt drivers from Focusrite or still the video drivers/card - good you contact them soon!
haha you're right it is powerful enough. I figured it out, I literally just needed to use a different usb port. Scarlett's are weird I guess.... hahaha
Thanks tho for all your help!

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:57 am

OK- solved..... strange but that happens too!

Now get on that PC and make some music!!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.